This Disappears When Logged In

Hello I Am New

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by kaisei1205, May 17, 2017 at 7:28 PM.

1. kaisei1205

kaisei1205 New Member

i am new and i do have experience with reptiles and amphibians. the first herp i ever had was a tiger salamander. i got him in trade i did a few chores for someone and they gave me him. i dont know how old he was i had him for years before he got a bad infection around his cloaca. took him to the vet and they said it was best of put him to sleep.

after that i had a turtle but i had to get rid of her for her own good and gave her to someone who had a pond she could go in. i felt like i was keeping her trapped in a 55 gallon tank and she needed more room.

now i am a full believer in vet care for herps but just make sure the doctor isn't a quack i learned my lesson didn't check the reviews on line until after the lost two male crested geckos they had parasites i got them that way and i was told by the vet they just had a minor stomach bug

now i go to indy for vet care further a way but worth it the only animal i have right now is my bearded dragon kaisei. luckily he is healthy but moody

2. to hide this ad.
  3. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Welcome to the forum. Yes, finding a vet that actually knows what they are doing with herps is worth an extra amount of driving, as they are hard to come by.

Rich likes this.
  4. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to HC!

kaisei1205 likes this.
  5. kaisei1205

kaisei1205 New Member

thanks, i have been learning a lot from other member's posts.

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to HC!