This Disappears When Logged In

Hello from Juneau, Alaska! (New Member)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Clashofchaos, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Clashofchaos

Clashofchaos Member

Hello everyone!

My name is DJ Elmore and I live in Juneau, Alaska! I have recently become a reptile owner just a couple days ago and I saw this site on the web and it looked like a great place to join for tips and help.

I just bought a baby Water Dragon a couple days ago. His name is Balthazar and he is so much fun. I absolutely love this little guy(of course I am just assuming it's a male because I won't know for quite some time haha). He is very active and isn't skittish at all. Well thanks for having me and I look forward to talking to y'all later!

2. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Welcome aboard - we love pics (hint hint).

Makes me think about getting another water dragon in the future. No space right now though, lol.

3. Yellowfang15

Yellowfang15 Well-Known Member

I have seen a huge increase with water dragons. Makes me think that soon the big companies(Zoo Med, Exo-Terra, Petsmart, Petco) will start making new, abusive, crappy, and overpriced "starter kits" for them. (i.e. Zoo Med's Bearded Dragon and Leopard Gecko kit)

4. CTU2fan

CTU2fan Elite Member

Welcome! I take it your dragon isn't getting an outdoor enclosure ;)

I've definitely noticed that. CWD seem to have become super common (and cheap). Not sure when that happened. They seem to have somewhat replaced the $15 baby iguanas that used to be in every shop by the dozen.

5. Clashofchaos

Clashofchaos Member

Yeah he is getting indoor enclosure. It is hard enough to keep the temperature up in the room, no way I could pull it off outside especially with winter setting in ;)