This Disappears When Logged In

Hello from Georgia!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by williamweir10, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Vers

Vers Elite Member

Good to have another Shiba owner on the forum...although dogs play little role here, as I'm sure you could imagine :D
    Our Logan
    3117531288_685e9b7705_z.jpg

Attached Files:

2. williamweir10

williamweir10 Elite Member

That is a gorgeous Shiba! I'll have to upload a picture of Kiyomi and let you see her!

Are you on the Shiba forum by any chance?

3. Vers

Vers Elite Member

Thanks! He's a great dog...a bit aloof as most are, but great nonetheless. As for dog forums, I'm not on a one :)

4. williamweir10

Oh ok, my girlfriend wanted to know because she's on a few of them.

5. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Welcome aboard! Funny how you have snakes and kept one of the rats as a pet. :)

6. williamweir10

Haha! Yeah, my girlfriend and I are both animal lovers, so there's no voice of reason!

7. williamweir10

As promised, here's our Kiyomi!

This is our other dog Meeko being a zombie pup:
    29fysg7.jpg

And this is her being lazy and being a lap dog. Doesn't happen very often..
    33tmpa8.jpg

Attached Files:

8. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

Welcome fellow Georgian herp lovers!

It's always nice to see people from the same state join. :) Do you do any herping out near Augusta?

9. williamweir10

Hahah, call me a 'noob', but I'm not really sure what you are referring to when you use 'herping' as a verb.. :confused:

10. gapeachkatie

Going out into nature areas, parks, or just around where you live looking for wild reptiles and amphibians in your area. I can only imagine how many you could find in your area since it is an overlap zone for several species I don't have this far south/inland.

11. williamweir10

We definitely haven't gone out looking for anything as of yet. I'm worried that if we did do that, we would have an even more abundant supply of animals in our home... I think 10 is a good even number. :)

12. gapeachkatie

If i lived in Augusta, I would be out looking for an Eastern Indigo snake every weekend. lol And my general rule is if it's found in the wild, leave it in the wild. If it's found at a breeder's, bring on home. lol

13. williamweir10

I looked them up. They look pretty cool! My girlfriend said that they look like the ones that she saw as a kid in central Florida. Are they there too?

14. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Definately a good rule when it comes to indigos,...or they will arrest you!

15. gapeachkatie

Yes, the Eastern Indigo snake ranges from South Carolina/Georgia coastal plains to central Florida, then across the Gulf coastal plains into Mississippi. They are gorgeous snakes and so docile, and they are the natural predator to venomous snakes in that range. If you ever get the chance to go out looking at the local wildlife, keep an eye out for them either sticking their heads out of burrows or hanging out in low branches of scrub pines. :)

16. williamweir10

Wow, that's pretty cool. Might have to go looking for some.. Thanks for the info!

17. williamweir10

Pretty much a professional herper now...

33ttniw.jpg

Attached Files: