This Disappears When Logged In

Hello from Georgia!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by williamweir10, Nov 27, 2012.

1. williamweir10

williamweir10 Elite Member

Hi everyone!

My girlfriend and I recently found this forum and decided we would like to be a part of it. We are both in the Navy and currently stationed in Augusta, GA. We have quite a few pets (10 to be exact). I'll do introductions for the snakes in the correct categories. (with pictures!)

Our pets:

0.1.0 Shiba Inu (Kiyomi)
    0.1.0 West Siberian Laika/Shikoku mix (Kimiko)
    1.0.0 Domestic Short Hair (Mr. Willson)
    0.4.0 Fancy Rats (Gloria, Fancy, Harlee, Quinn) (Yes, we have pet rats, and pet snakes... There's a story behind it)
    1.0.0 Normal Ball Python (8-Ball)
    0.1.0 Colombian Boa (Nagini)
    0.0.1 Bumblebee Ball Python (Either Ayina or Damballa, depending on the sex) (Going to get it sexed at the vet this week!!! Hoping for a girl)

Looking forward to introducing our snakes to everyone and getting to know you!

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to Herp Center and thanks for your commitment to serving your country.
    I'm not from the U.S. but am thankful to those serving down there as well.

3. williamweir10

Thank you for the kind words!

4. justor

justor Elite Member

Welcome to herp center!

5. williamweir10

Thank you! I'm excited for everyone to meet our snakes, just waiting on the moderators to approve the threads I guess..

6. kriminaal

Been approved from what I saw. We have a pretty good spam warning system so sometimes new members posting threads will get flagged. Doesn't always happen.

7. williamweir10

Oh really? I didn't see them when I looked.. I'll have to look again.

8. williamweir10

I see that my Ball Python's one is in there, still don't see the Boa one though..

9. Majora

Majora Elite Member

Welcome. c: I have pet rats and a snake too. They're both awesome, how can you have just one or the other? Lol

10. williamweir10

Haha, yeah.. It's really funny how we ended up with them, curious if your story is the same.

We went to the store to get a feeder rat for 8-Ball, and all they had were fancy rats. Well, we made the biggest mistake possible, we held the rats and looked them in the face, and from there, it was all over.. Two days later, we had created a rat mansion in our spare bedroom that is now the home of four happy rats..

11. kriminaal

I don't see another one.

12. williamweir10

No, she's a common boa, so I put it in the section with the commons and the red tails..

13. kriminaal

Found it and replied. Not sure why it wasn't showing up.

14. Majora

Majora Elite Member

I actually had my rats before I had my snake. I have one white "feeder" rat and one fancy black hooded rat, and they live in a ferret cage that's as tall as I am. When I started thinking about getting a snake everyone thought I was nuts, haha... I'm just thankful for frozen rodents. My rats are actually one of the reasons I went with a corn snake over a ball python, so that if it escaped it would be too small to eat a full grown rat, lol. They live on opposite sides of the same room and don't notice each other at all, but I'm paranoid.

15. williamweir10

8-Ball would have a field day if he ever got into the rat's cage! Which is the main reason we put the rats in the spare bedroom, far away from our room where all the snakes are.

16. williamweir10

Hmmmm, I see it now, but there's no reply...

17. kriminaal

Hmm, you might be radioactive. Do you serve on a nuclear sub? ;)

18. williamweir10

Hahahha, sure don't... Have been around a LOT of computers though.. Might have effected my eyesight a tad. ;)

19. kriminaal

I think I might have fixed it. I wouldn't doubt that the issue was both threads had the exact same title which might have throw it off.
    I changed it a little.

20. williamweir10

You know, I thought about that when I put it in there, but as you can see, I didn't think about it for long.. Thanks for the help!