This Disappears When Logged In

Hello from a New Member

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sezeme, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Sezeme

Sezeme New Member

Hello from Houston-Texas.
    I am a middle school science teacher who has been teaching long enough to know the tricks of the trade.
    I have been considering a classroom pet for my 7th graders for about a year now. Concerning possible allergic reactions from students, I eliminated almost all furry mammals and gravitated towards reptiles. After many days of internet surfing, decided that my students and I need a bearded dragon in our lives. Since then (this was about two months ago) I am reading everything I can find about bearded dragons and as you can imagine getting more and more excited about the new addition to my classroom.
    I am in the process of setting the enclosure and hopefully in about two weeks we will acquire a dragon.
    I am learning a lot from this forum and appreciate everyone who share their wisdom.

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to HerpCenter and thanks for your endeavour to introduce your students to the wonderful world of reptiles.

3. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

welcome to HC!

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to HC! There are a lot of very experienced beardie keepers here for you to draw from.

5. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Welcome. Always nice to see a teacher willing to do a little extra for the kids. Good for you.

6. jaydsr2887

jaydsr2887 Elite Member

Welcome to herpcenter and I think I bearded dragon is a great idea for a classroom pet..... Great with people and don't stress that much when handled

7. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to HC!