This Disappears When Logged In

Hello All & I need a cricket gutload recipe for my Cham.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Caitlin, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caitlin

Caitlin New Member

Hello Everyone,
    My name is Caitlin and I am new to the site, I am the proud owner of a beautiful baby Veiled Chameleon named Zenya, a Boa named Kirsa and 5 baby scorpions:eek: ...Also I will be getting a male Veiled Chameleon tomorrow. I am here because I heard it is a great place to ask questions and get honest answers from experienced keepers.....That Said, I have a question I would like to ask... If anyone has a good recipe for a homemade Gutload for the crickets i feed my Chameleon, Please let me know ASAP. Thanks much and I look forward to chatting with you!

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

Welcome to the HC Network. Hopefully you enjoy the site as much as the person who suggested it does. :D

I myself am not a Cham person, so I am not exactly certain as to what they require on the end of nutrition. If I were to be gutloading crickets though for a cham, I would offer foods that would benefit the cham nutriion wise.

If chams require high levels of vitamin b in their diet, I would add thiamin to the gutload. (This is an exagerated example to state my point. lol)

3. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

Hello and welcome to the HC!

As Rich said, use what's best for the Chameleon.

4. jshrad

jshrad Elite Member

Hello,

Welcome to the HC Network!

5. Lyn'sSteve

Lyn'sSteve Elite Member

Hi Caitlin!

Welcome to HC Networks!

Steve

6. Brittone05

Brittone05 Elite Member

Hiya and welcome to HC. Looking forward to seeing pics of your chams.

For a good gutload, try using basic greens (collard etc), some carrot and a little potato for hydration. sprinkle it all with the regular calcium/vitamin you use for your cham - that's what I use!

7. Fran

Fran Veteran Member

Hi and welcome to the Herp Center Network. I feed my crix Potatoe, wheat chex, and the fruit and veggies that the beardies and iggys don't finish. At feeding time I dust the crix with the calcium with vitamins.;)

8. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

welcome to HC! glad you joined us. :)

9. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

HI and Welcome to HC Network. Looks like the gutloading team has given the right answers LOL...Enjoy! Lyn

10. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to Herp center!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.