This Disappears When Logged In

Heating?

Discussion in 'General' started by Microscope Jockey, Dec 25, 2004.

?

Which is your preferred heating method?

1. Basking lamps

28 vote(s)
    68.3%
  2. UTH

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  3. Human heating pads

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. CHE

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  5. Radiant heat panels

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. Haven't decided yet

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  7. Other (please specify)

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Microscope Jockey

Microscope Jockey Elite Member

Which heating method do you prefer and why? Which one do you actually utilize the most?

2. MoLdYpOtAtOe

MoLdYpOtAtOe Elite Member

I think it depends on the herp. As some require different heating. I don't prefer anything.

I mainly use uth's for my geckos and I have 5. I use 2 basking lights and a uvb tube. For my emp I use both a uth, yet sometimes I use just a bulb.

3. Jade

Jade Supporting Member

i have mostly diurnal baskers so i use mosty basking lamps but i like the undertanks for the geckos

4. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

I use both UTH and basking lamps for all of my babies, i do like a basking spot in the lizards cages and the UTH to give them that extra bit of heat to coincide with day and night time temps, I use both on my snakes too, the bulbs arnt necessarily for basking, but to give them a photo period and the heat gradient thats required in the vivs.

5. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

I too use UTH and basking lamps

6. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

I use UTH and basking lamps too, that's what I prefer. :D

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

UTH, Basking lamps and CHE's! It depends on the herp which combination. I use UTH as the exclusive heat source on my corns and kings. UTH, CHE, and basking lamp on my Ball Pythons, UTH and basking lamp on the boa, Basking lamp on the bearded dragons. CHE on the Iguana house.

8. Toadie78

Toadie78 Elite Member

I use a combo of UTH n IR lamp with a flourescent light for photoperiod regulation for my leos.

9. MIke_Haare

MIke_Haare Elite Member

all my guys that need I use UTH cause I have problems with lights (I knock them down a lot :rolleyes: )

10. Microscope Jockey

Microscope Jockey Elite Member

I use all of the choices although I don't have any of the CHE's on right now. I'm really smitten with the radiant heat panels in the boa constrictor cage and I'm thinking about switching more cages to radiant heat panels.

11. prismwolf

prismwolf Well Established Member

I use mostly overhead lights for heat/photoperiod times for the BPs. The ig has a Mega-Ray HE for heat. Lightless and has a much less thermal burn potential than the CHE's. They get hot to the touch, but not so hot that it leaves an instant burn as the CHE's do.

12. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Basking lamps for all my cages, but also added help from human heat pads for a few of them, especially the tarantulas. Course the sun warms my turtles during the summer though.

13. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I use basking lamps for my Uros.They need very high temps so a nothing else is very useful.For my snakes I use both basking and uth. :)

14. Mark

Mark Elite Member

I have had two CHE's die on me over the years -- got too hot for their own good, one actually melted itself internally.

I vote other. Light bulbs spike the amb. temps in the day and a reptileUV MegaHeat heat projector is on a thermostat all the time. It took a while to get used to but that focused "heat beam" is great and it only runs at 60W.

Mark

15. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Well

I really havent worked with anything but uth, human heating pads, and basking bulbs, but out of all that the two that I like most are basking lights and uth's! :D

16. iturnrocks

iturnrocks Elite Member

Basking lamps were always my preferred method of heating until I got a milksnake. He prefers the heating pad.

17. Sean Boyd

Sean Boyd Elite Member

I use basking lamps because it is a good way of getting heat, and you can see your herp better { Make sure to use UV lighting of some sort }!

18. tink

tink Elite Member

UTHs are easiest.

19. Brittone05

Brittone05 Elite Member

I went for basking lamps, UTH AND CHE's cos I use all of them!!! I have the UTH and basking lamps for both Spyro and George and then use a CHE for Spyro at nighttime to keep a nice temp in his viv. As George is in the living room with us and it's quite warm in there, then I have no need for nighttime heating with him as it drops to a comfortable range for him. I used to use a 'reptile radiator' for Godz but found that it used a lot of electricity and was really of no benefit to him at all, just made a lot of money for the pet shop who charged me £70 for it!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.