This Disappears When Logged In

Heating pad recall

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kachina, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kachina

Kachina Elite Member

2. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

Thanks for the information, I got all my heating pads at Walmart, so I went and checked and I got Sunbeam brand. I was worried there for a minute.

3. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Uh-oh looks like i'll have to go do some double checking....I think I have a few sunbeams and a couple others but I dont knowwhat the others are...

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

If you got them as Wallyworld they are probably Kaz brand.
    That is what all mine are.

5. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Thanks for the heads up, Kachina :)

Since we're on the topic though, does anyone know of a good place to get, or a specific brand of heat pads that don't have the auto shut-off feature? Or does anyone know how to bypass it (Come on Lacey, Phil was going to do that for you, wasn't he?). I'm having a hard time finding good heat pads anymore. They all turn off when I don't want them to.

6. Merlin

The ones I get from WalMart, Kaz brand, do not have the auto off.

7. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

I have 2 sunbeams and 3 or 4 Kaz's and none have the auto-off feature

8. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Maybe mine just hate me (like all other technology ;)). I think mine are Sunbeams, purchased in the last two years. They're not very reliable in their auto shut-off either. Some of the time some of them will shut off, but not every time. Sometimes a pad will finally stay on, but then if I unplug it it starts all over with the shutting off nonsense. I have some other larger (and expensive!) one that used to not shut off, but now it does. I think I'll look for that Kaz brand :rolleyes:

9. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

Matt, Sumbeam has both types auto shut off (I think after 2 hours of use) and the old fashion type that don't shut off. The ones that don't shut off are less expensive (under $10.00) then the auto shut off. I have bought mine at Walmart and K-mart.

10. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Oh sure, now I find out :p I thought they were a bit pricey when I bought them! Thanks Colleen :D

11. Merlin

Gee Matt! All ya had to do was ask!:p

12. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

But that would be efficient! I'm in the military, it's not our style ;)

13. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

I was at Walmart last night to pick up another heating pad and they didn't have the non-automatic ones. This is the first time I have checked since our Walmart went to a Supper Walmart. If they don't carry them I'm going to cry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.