This Disappears When Logged In

heat

Discussion in 'Heating' started by Soxs2004, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxs2004

Soxs2004 Member

I have a BD that is 4 or 5 I got him from the LPS that were not keeping him in very good coniction, I have him set up in a 55 gal. I have a 100 wat basking lbulb the temp is only 83-89 on the hot side, but he seems to hot he stays down the cool side and under the branchs on the hot. When I first got him he loved being up on the branch closer to the light the better, but now it's like he hates it. Is this normal or something wrong.

2. venus

venus Founding Member

Actually the temps should be more around 105. Proper basking temps aides in the digestion of their food. How long have you had him? He may just be stressed.

3. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Are you using UV lighting? the basking spot should be 105F, beardies need UV lighting as well as the basking area, what are the temps of the actual basking spot?

4. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

oops sorry venus, you beat me to it lol

5. Soxs2004

Soxs2004 Member

I am using a UVA/UVB strip light and a basking spot light. I have had him about 3 weeks and at first he was fine with the light but the last week or so he sits under the branch with is mouth open or he will spend a day down on the cool side.

When i got him he was in bad shape, it looked like he had never had a good shed, he was never taken care of the right way. but he is looking much better in the short time I have had him.

6. venus

venus Founding Member

Do you mist him and have you soaked him a warm bath. Gaping is how they regulate there body temp, How are his eating habits. When you got him, did you take him to the vet to check for a fecal check.

7. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

has he had a trip to the vet yet ???? a stool check for parasites might be in order if you don't know how it was taken care of prior to you getting her.

8. Soxs2004

Soxs2004 Member

I mist him twice a day, he eats his greens everyday and crickets 2-3 times a week, i soak him once a week and take him in the sun light 2-3 a week. I have not taken him to the vet he has been eating well and pooping with no problem.

9. star_momma

star_momma Member

Is he darkly colored on his underside? He may be stressed or he may just be suffering from the lack of high enough heat on the hot side of the tank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.