This Disappears When Logged In

Heat Problems

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by thaboi, Oct 22, 2013.

1. thaboi

thaboi Elite Member

I'm having a bit of trouble keeping proper temps in my pythons enclosure I can get to max 90 on warm side cool side stays in 80s it tends to go a bit over 90s and over 85 on cool side I have temp gages both digital along with temp gun and hydrometer I'm using an under tank heater which I think is the cause of my problem I might have gotten it a bit to big I might have to get a smaller one. The one real question I have is there anything I can purchase to turn off the uth after its reached a certain temperature in think of just getting a timer and time how long it takes the uth to reach appropriate temp so that I can just use the time

2. CryHavoc17

CryHavoc17 Elite Member

Yup ita called a thermostat. They have a probe that measures the temperature and turns the heater on and off to adjust the temp to what you set it at. They range as low at 25 dollars all the way up to 200+. What you need just depends on how precise you want the temps and how much wattage you need to control. Its highly recommended that you use one of these

A cheaper option is to plug the UTH into a dimmer switch and adjust the output manually as needed. That would definitely work better then a timer

3. AlexisFitzy

AlexisFitzy Active Member