This Disappears When Logged In

Heat Mat Off 18 Hours

Discussion in 'Herp Health' started by georgia, Apr 17, 2012.

1. georgia

georgia New Member

hi guys I'm new to this forum, I'm wondering if you could help me out or put my mind at ease, i have a corn snake 2 years old, my tank is heated with a heat mat, but yesterday i was straightening my hair using the socket next to where the heat mat plug was plugged in while i was getting ready i asked my boyfriend to check if i turned the straighteners off he must of thought i didn't and switched my mat off also, i went to my boyfriends house to stay the night but getting back this morning to get ready for work i realised he switched off the heat mat too .so my house was empty no heat on from 2 o clock until 8 this morning will they be ok, obviously i turned it on straight away,any comments back would be greatly appreciated

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

How cool did it get in the house? I am not up to snuff on the weather on the Emerald Isle.
    Unless the snake was fed in the last few days there should not be a problem. Cornsnakes are pretty resilient.

3. georgia

georgia New Member

i couldnt tell how cold it was sorry, and he did eat that morning before i left, he seems ok now though should i worry or is everthing going to be ok?

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

What are your outside temperatures?
    If it got too cold, the snake will regurgitate. Just keep an eye out for any sort of respiratory issues.