This Disappears When Logged In

Havre De Grace Nov. 8th

Discussion in 'Shows and Expos' started by Reptoid, Oct 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryanpb

ryanpb Elite Member

Thanks Liz!, I appreciate the offer, And will definitly keep that in mind in the future,

Sounds like the show was a good one.

I do know of a few petstores that setup booths at the shows, though most of them don't have their signs up..

2. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

It was a nice show. And I have to go back next month - if only to pay the vendor that 'sold' me the wingless fruit flies. I only had $1 left by the time I got to him and he preferred not to take a check.

So instead - he handed me a container with a fresh culture of the wingless fruit flies and said to pay him back next month.:)

Of course my husband will either go with me or make me give my $8 to someone else to pay him - he doesn't exactly feel, um.... comfortable with me going again!!:p

But it is a great place to get feeders for cheap!

3. Reptoid

Reptoid Elite Member

Yah, we all DEFINITELY have to go again:).

I was however, disappointed in the quality of many of the vendors, and apparently I'm not the only one who has noticed this. I was at my local tropicalfish/herptile store and they said a lot of local breeders pulled out of the Havre de Grace show because they did not want to be associated with people who try to sell sick and low quality animals.

I did notice one thing. Either the breeders were superb with great animals, or shady with unhealthy animals and there seemed to be no in-between.

4. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

That was why I wasn't so upset at spending a little bit more for Gretchen from Moyers Monsters (Nevin - who has recently joined us here). I was much more comfortable with the transaction and knowing I had a healthy critter that had been well taken care of - and now that I have her home I'm even more happy!

Even with my complete inexperience with reptiles, I found that those who knew about and cared for their animals were more interested in talking about their animals not just making a sale.

I'll go back, but for certain things and I know which dealers I would deal with in the future. (NOT that I am planning on any more delightful critters to add to my household!;))

5. Lena

Lena Elite Member

Great show. I had a wonderful time just browsing and talking to vendors. My boyfriend comes and it's always great fun - I'm glad he shares my enthusiasm. Even his little brother is getting into it, he has a leo of his own now!

Anywho.. I talked briefly with Nick Agricoli from Just Lizards Inc, and he was very helpful (Even sexed my bearded dragon for me via e-mail, later). Beautiful animals, too. Nevin from Moyers Monsters was a real cool guy, very knowledgeable, sold me some mealworms. Lovely leopard geckos - Wish I had had more cash at the time.

All in all, being my second time at the show, I was very pleased. It's only a half an hour away from here, too, which is awfully convenient.

I'll be there next month if anyone else is going.. Still unsure if I'll be buying anything, I'm a little shaken.

6. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

I'll be going because i want to pick up those red eyes :)

7. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Sorry I didnt make it, I had to work pretty much all day :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.