This Disappears When Logged In

Hate Being on Vacation!

Discussion in 'HH General Discussion' started by schmidt1894, Aug 4, 2012.

1. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

I miss my lizards. I hate being away from them. I come home the 21st! Can't waittttt! Wonder how much bigger my iguana is and the colors of my beardies. I do have my mom send me pictures, but she takes HORRIBLE pictures, but can't complain she's taking care of them for me. Anybody else hate being away from their own animals/reptiles?

2. Lking518

Lking518 Member

yes very much!

3. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

Absolutely. I tinker with them every day and do not trust anyone else to do that lol. But relax! you are on vacation. I hope you have a great time.

4. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

Haha well.. It isn't a Vaction... Just a summer break(still in highschool, gonna be senior this year!) and have to visit my dad....... Parents are divorce. But yeah it's good to see all my buddies here! And cool thing, my dad has a 6ft Colombian red tail boa. Never have held, seen or touch a snake this big in my entire life. I want one...:) but momma won't let me have snakes. Only lizzaardssss:)

5. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

Oh boy... you do not know it yet, but you have just been slowly poisoned with snake obsession. If you are not ready to buy snakes you cannot hold them! Geez man. I was an innocent pure lizard guy who could not tell the difference between a kingsnake and a corn snake. Early this year in a pet store I saw a wierd looking (Honduran Milk) snake and asked to hold it. I now own 3 different species of snakes and have a fourth ordered.

6. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

Hahaha that's so funny. Yeah I think I might be! But when i move out, and settle down, my first snake will be a brazillian rainbow boa. I don't care if it's an expert snake or whatnot..... I'm getting it. Beauitful snakes!

7. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

I have mine set up to be completely hands free for maintanece other then cleaning. However when I go away I still have my brother stop by to check on them and send me their temps and humidity. I always worry about something going wrong :) I know how you feel!

8. Swimmer522

Swimmer522 Elite Member

I try not to be gone more than 3 or 4 days a time. So far so good. Everyone gets fed before i leave so the only ones that need feeding when im gone are hash, the mice, and the fish. Mice n fish are easy but hash. Oh hash gets so cranky when shes not fed. I made her food containers, labeled with the day and leave them for my roommate to feed hash with. One bug and one greens. Everything else is just water check and animal check :) though the roommate did freak at frist cuz xena loves to burrow in her aspen bedding

9. schmidt1894

schmidt1894 Elite Member

Haha yeah. I had no choice but to visit my dad for like 25 days... Didn't wana do it because of my lizards but... Ohwell:/ guess I gotta do what I gotta do

10. Really

Really Elite Member

This is why Kismet comes with us on vacation. I still missed Tazumal and Sebastian, but having Kismet with me makes everything easier.

11. CentriRitanni

CentriRitanni Elite Member

I feel bad leaving the lizards alone to go to work. Especially if I get home and they are acting strange at all. I'm paranoid and convinced that something crazy has happened and I just wasn't there to fix it! [/controlfreak]

12. SpidaFly

SpidaFly Elite Member

Haha my wife tells me I'm no fun to be with for the first few days of vacation because I'm constantly agonizing over whether I remembered to instruct the caretaker on something, forgot to feed tarantula, etc. etc.

Even after a few days I find myself worrying and sneaking texts off to make sure everything is alright. As someone said earlier - I'm constantly monitoring every little aspect of care, and it makes me CRAZY to try to trust someone else to get it right...

13. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

lol, i remember a year ago, i had only hermit crabs (b4 mom made me get rid of them), so i made an automatic food and water dispenser using dog dishes and a auto fish feeder, along with home made, preservative free hermie food.... lol.