This Disappears When Logged In

Hasn't Pooped For A Couple Of Days

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by kaisei1205, May 22, 2017.

1. kaisei1205

kaisei1205 Member

i think he hasn't pooped because we ran out of his favorite greens and all we have left is collard and turnip greens and he doesn't care for those. could that be why he isn't eating and pooping like normal? his favorite greens are mustard, escarole he doeesn't care for raddichio anymore and bok choy. he gets fed superworms every other day he eats a pretty good amount.

2. kaisei1205

kaisei1205 Member

he pooped after some soaking and the new vet said if he doesn't poop within a week to bring him in. i got some mustard greens for him.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

What are your temperatures and what are you using to measure them?

4. kaisei1205

kaisei1205 Member

ive been measuring with a temp gun but its about 6 years old so i think its time for a new one. his cool side is measuring 72 degrees, warm side 86 and basking 98. i have to get him a new mercury vapor bulb. i have been using the one from exo terra got it on sale online. thinking of switching brands. any suggestions would be nice

5. Jsilverback64

Jsilverback64 Established Member

Those temps all need to come up. Cool side 80-85 basking spot needs to reach 105-110 for proper digestion. As for uvb- tube style about the best one is a reptisun 10.0. For MVB I've had good experience with mega ray available at reptileuv.com

murrindindi likes this.
  6. kaisei1205

kaisei1205 Member

i just ordered a bulb, hopefully they can bring up temps. i also moved him to the other side of the room further away from the AC unit. i gave him another soak and he went again this time it was a bit more firm.

7. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

I`m not sure if you mean the T8 or T5 UVB tubes, can you clarify?

8. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, many MVB`s have a minimum distance from bulb surface to the closest surface of the animal when basking, how many inches or cm is that distance?
    What`s the humidity range?

9. Jsilverback64

Jsilverback64 Established Member

T8. I think the t5 only comes in 4ft but not sure.

10. kaisei1205

kaisei1205 Member

his basking spot is a stack of rocks that some can be added or taken away. right now he is about 10 inches away. please tell me that isn't hurting him. air humidity over all in the apartment and tank is 64%

11. kaisei1205

kaisei1205 Member

i was using a T5 bulb HO that was 34 inches i think but the fixture broke

12. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, the T5 HO (high output) @10-0 or 12-0 by Arcadia or Zoo-Med are superior to the T8 tubes. The T5`s come in a range of sizes as do the T8`s. Both are best fitted with a reflector.

13. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

You need to check the instructions very carefully to see what the recommended minimum distance is from bulb face to animal surface, quite often it`s 30cm (12 inches) and even slightly closer can cause problems.
    The humidity is a little too high if that`s throughout the tank, how are you measuring it?
    Can you put a few photos up of the whole enclosure including a top view?