This Disappears When Logged In

Has Anyone Used J-B Weld for Affixing Screens or Wires for Habitats?

Discussion in 'Cage Furniture - Accessories' started by mayhmmaydn, Jul 20, 2013.

1. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

I had a screen break thru this morning and the lights went down on my bearded dragon. The screens are so dang flimsy when youre using light on them. Im conscidering getting some rigid aluminum gridding and using the J-B weld to tack it down providing a better surface for the lights, larger openings for the light to emit thru and to improve ventilation. I do NOT want this to ever happen again. My poor baby was trapped under the broken bulb in the dark cold and is so stressed even her belly looked almost black~! Heres the specs on the weld.

J-B Weld is The Original Cold Weld two-part epoxy system that provides strong, lasting repairs to metal and multiple surfaces. Mixed at a ratio of 1:1, it forms a permanent bond and can be shaped, tapped, filed, sanded and drilled after curing. At room temperature, J-B Weld sets in 20-25 minutes to a dark grey color. A full cure is reached in 15-24 hours. J-B Weld has a tensile strength of 3960 PSI and sets to a hard bond overnight. It can withstand temperatures up to 550ºF when fully cured.

2. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

I've never used it in this particular scenario, but I think it would hold it together fine.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

As long as it is fully cured I see no problem with it.