This Disappears When Logged In

Hardest Shed Ever

Discussion in 'Burmese Pythons' started by medusa1974, Mar 1, 2013.

1. medusa1974

medusa1974 Well-Known Member

My Delilah finally had her first shed and needless to say I sure hope this isn't a sign of things to come. As most of you know I've had her for a couple months and she was a handful when I rescued her but she came through that and has turned into a great snake. EXCEPT this shed, her skin came free but it was like the stuff was bound and determined not to come off in anything larger than a quarter size patch. I raised the humidity in her enclosure and gave her plenty of warm bathes but holy crap it was a pain. Anyone got any home remedies or tricks I can use if she has a shed like this again. I hate having to mess with her naturally shedding but she was miserable.

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

What about the pillowcase trick? Take a warm wet towel place it and the snake inside pillowcase. Tie the pillowcase shut and place it on the warm end of the tank. Then as the snake moves around inside the case it will rub the shed off.

3. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

raise her humidity even more. What was it at? I would even go as far as spraying her with warm water during her shed period and see how that works out for her. Shoot for atleast 80%, but I have at times used that repti shed aid to help when some of the ball pythons got stuck shed