This Disappears When Logged In

Happy Birthday Joe!

Discussion in 'Birthday Wishes' started by Bitis Gabonica, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

Happy birthday sweetheart! I love you lots (yuk how soppy!! :D ) Have a wonderful day and hurry home for birthday celebrations tonight!

2. Joe

Joe Elite Member

Thank you babe!!!

And thanks for making the jelly......I'll let people use their imagination as to what the jelly is for... :D

3. Bitis Gabonica

:p Joe has forgotten he's 23 and wants jelly and ice cream for tea! :D

4. steel rip

steel rip Elite Member

Happy Birthday Joe, hope you have a great day :D from Donna and Chris

any new snakeys?

I see we didnt get invited for jelly and ice cream, bet I know what the jelly mould is?

Now keep that new snake out of the pass the parcel ok!!

5. Bitis Gabonica

LOL :p No new snakes this time.. need to make room for all the babies we'll be breeding!

But you are more than welcome to join us for jelly and ice cream teehehehe :D

6. Joe

Joe Elite Member

Spoilsport :D :D :D

Thanks Donna and Chris :)

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Happy Birthday Joe! Did Rachel serve you breakfast in bed? ;)
    Must be a British thing!

8. Joe

Joe Elite Member

Cheers Merlin

Ha...fat chance :D I was at work before she was out of bed lol

And for the record jelly (not the preserve) and ice cream is one of the best desserts in the world and will not hear a bad word said about it :D

9. Merlin

LOL! I guess what you are calling jelly is what we just call toppings. What we call jelly is the preserves that you spread on toast.

10. Joe

Joe Elite Member

LOL, we call preserves Jam or Marmalade if citrus.

Jelly is made from a concentrate which is melted with boiling water then allowed to set in the fridge, when set it holds it shape but wobbles. Please tell me you know what a triffle is? Well jelly is the stuff at the bottom of a triffle. I believe you call it Jello

11. Bitis Gabonica

Na the Yanks are weird Joe, you know that! :D

Actually jelly and ice cream is horrible together, but separately they're both great desserts! :p Jelly and ice cream, Merlin, is one of the biggest kids' parties desserts in the UK!

Breakfast in bed?? - I'm cooking him a 3 course meal with wine, and doing all the washing up!, what more do you want?!?! :D :p

12. Merlin

Sorry,...not a clue!
    Well ok,...I guess thats a good start! ;)

13. Bitis Gabonica

LOL :D My dessert will be extra special too ;) :p

You don't know what trifle is?!?!?! What do you guys eat over there?! :D Trifle is another yukky dessert with jelly and fruit in the bottom of the dish, sponge, custard or blamange (I've spelt that wrong i know!), cream and hundreds & thousands sprinkled on top. Think of Rachel in "Friends" making a "traditional English trifle" but she put beef and peas in it :D

14. venus

venus Founding Member

Happy birthday Joe....Hope you have a great day and Rachel spoils you rotten.

15. Merlin

LOL! Not Trifle! Custard I know, a sponge is something you wash with, and blamange, I have no idea!

LOL I don't watch much TV so THAT didn't help.

16. Bitis Gabonica

LOL :D Would be a pretty strange dessert with a washing up sponge in it!! :p Does that mean you don't have sponge cakes?! :D

17. Merlin

Sponge cake we have. More commonly called angelfood cake here. So what the heck is a blamange!

18. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Happy Birthday Joe! :D
    This thread is cracking me up!!! I always have to explain British and American differences to my students... but I hope no one ever asks me about the food differences!!! :confused:
    British "jelly" is what we would call "jello" in American English. I don't think we have an American equivalent for "trifle": it sounds like some sort of variation on a fruit cake... but an odd one. We have sponge cakes, I believe the most popular white one is called Angel-food cake.
    You can't believe my horror when I found out what you Brits call "pudding"!!! To us, pudding is like a thick creamy dessert: like chocolate mousse... I couldn't imagine what my boss was talking about when he said he loved "Steak and kidney pudding! :eek: EEEeeewww! OK now we are WAY off the topic!!

Joe, whatever you eat; I hope you enjoy your birthday and get spoiled rotten... :) :p
    PS-- how's the hog doing after her shots?

19. Bitis Gabonica

LOL :D It's hilarious discussing the differences in vocabulary between two countries! :p Now pudding.. we have savoury and sweet puddings - pudding can also mean dessert over here, like you said Andrea, a chocolate mousse pudding, but yes we also have things like steak and kidney pudding,. aint the English language complicated :p

Just about to post updates on the hognose over in the breeders thread,. now I have to go and stop Timmy (the bird) trying to destroy Joe's birthday presents before he has even opened them!! :D

20. Joe

Joe Elite Member

You guys crack me up :D :D :D

Thank you all for the good wishes etc.. :)

Just got back from the pub, went for a couple of birthday drinks at lunch time......pub=bar :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.