This Disappears When Logged In

Happy Birthday Herp Center

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rich, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Another year has flown by and HC is now 12. This site remained up because we had a mission and a team of staff (past and present) that ensured we stuck to the standards we set forth. We are here and will remain here for as long as I can afford the bill. :) Thanks everyone!

Dragoness likes this.
  2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hard to believe its been 12 years!! What a long strange trip its been!

Rich likes this.
  3. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

I haven't been here for the whole ride, but it's been fun and I ain't hopping off anytime soon. A big thanks to Rich and all the mods for all they do.

Rich likes this.
  4. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

I agree Merlin it's been strange at times and wow 12yrs old. That's something for sure.
    Happy Birthday Herp Center.

5. millerpj

millerpj Elite Member

Happy Birthday Herp Center! I've received so much helpful information from this site and refer other teachers here constantly! Found how to help you pay the bill. Had wondered where that went to. A years subscription is my birthday gift!

Rich and kriminaal like this.
  6. Rich

Thanks Penny! The donation and subscription service didn't follow us over here immediately. lol (It took me over a year to implement it. )

7. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Happy birthday HC! 12 years and still going strong, thanks to everyone who contributes and helps to make our little community great and a huge thanks to @Rich for keeping this ship sailing!

Rich likes this.
  8. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Happy birthday Herpcenter, I hope you`re going to be around for at least another 12 years, you may not be as busy as you once were but still a great source of information! ;)

9. Rich

The sites activity will pick up. We have over half a million posts that need to be indexed. When we changed software we lost thousands of inbound links. Once all of the new links are pointing to the site and those threads, the organic traffic will increase back to its old rate. We are down 40K uniques a month since the upgrade.

10. KrokadilyanGuy3

KrokadilyanGuy3 Elite Member

12 years already?

I've been checking back on a lot of old forums and most have since been closed or hacked. Glad to see this one is still alive.