This Disappears When Logged In

Hanging Fake Foliage

Discussion in 'Cage Furniture - Accessories' started by DarkMagician207, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

Okay I'm not exactly sure where to put this so if it needs moved I guess put it where it should go.

All 3 of my snake tanks have fake plants in them, and it is mostly stuff that decorates the sides of the glass. I have used regular scotch tape (the foliage doesn't have suction cups) to stick the ends of it to the glass since my snakes don't really climb up the sides. But I'm thinking of switching out and putting new decorations in plant wise.

My question is the stuff I want to hang on the side is kind of like the fake leaf garlands you find at like AC Moore and art stores like that. They don't have suction cups to hang on the side and some of them might be a bit heavier than what I have in there now. My tanks are 20 long glass aquariums so is there anything else besides tape that would be safe to use but not permanent since I'll be changing them out if the snakes decide to poo on them? And if tape is the only solution what kind could I use? My snakes aren't babies anymore so their weight would pull down scotch tape. And I don't want them getting stuck to the tape. Usually once I change decorations they always have to go check it out and see what they can pull down lol.

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Re: Hanging Fake Foliage?

Go to the craft store or walmart and get suction cups. They come with little hooks. You can bend the hooks to make circles around the vine, and this way no one will get snagged.

3. DarkMagician207

I'll have to try that. Duh, it never dawned on me to actually go out and buy suction cups! I'm just so used to seeing decorations for tanks with suctions cups attached.

I've only ever seen bigger suction cups with hooks and I don't think I'd need something that big. Do ones with hooks come in different sizes?

4. kcftlaud08

kcftlaud08 Elite Member

The suction cups will work well as long as the sides aren't porous. Plus they're clear and you can get different sizes. You can probably find them in any local grocery or drug stores in the house wares aisle. I got some from Walgreens at Crhistmas time for the indoor lights.

5. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Yes, they come in all sorts of sizes.

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

And remember not only will they have to hold the plant but the weight of the snake as it crawls and pulls itself thru the vines.
    You may need a bigger cup than you think.

7. DarkMagician207

Lol Good point Merlin. I already know they check out anything new I put in there so who knows what they'll do if they find out they can climb on what I hang up. :)

Looks like I'll be doing some shopping next week. Might as well take advantage of sales and coupons from the craft store.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.