This Disappears When Logged In

Handling/Taming??

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by dinger51, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dinger51

dinger51 Member

My BP has pretty much settled in. I need some recomendations as to how handle him so he feels comfortable and safe. I know about the shed and feeding no no's, but would like to start handling him a bit more. I have had to move him to clean and reset the probe on my therm. One time he was great, but the other he seemed skidish. Should I continue to hold him when he becomes skidish, having him see that he is in no harm? I know we can't hold him all the time, but would like to more often. Need some help!

2. Stratusfaction

Stratusfaction Active Member

FREE BUMP

I have those very same questions pretty much for when I do get my BP.

-David

3. ps26fire

ps26fire Member

Its hard to say. My ball can be completely calm to the point where I have fallen asleep at my desk and he is curled up in my arms and other times I can tell he just does not want to be touched. I think it has a lot to do with the temp in the tank. When its cooler he doesnt mind being held so much but when he is warm he just wants to go. I would recommend holding him anyway for a bit to see if he calms down. I usually put my snake back when he head butts me. Than I know he is aggravated. If after 10 min he has not softened up and is still all tense I would recommend putting him back. But take him out the next day or a couple of hours later to get him used to being held. I usually handle Mitch for 3 to 4 hrs and when I go to put him back in the tank he tries locking onto whatever he can.

4. dinger51

dinger51 Member

Thanks a lot. I will hold him for a bit tonight. Let him sleep a while longer. I will try to take some pics as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.