This Disappears When Logged In

Habitat Controllers

Discussion in 'Electricity/Wiring' started by hangtown530, Jun 5, 2010.

1. hangtown530

hangtown530 Elite Member

I've been searching though some habitat controllers and have seen some I like but are very expensive for example:

EcoZone Vivarium - Product Catalog

Which is almost $500....

Does anyone have a good product that does the same thing for a cheaper price?

2. jeepguy

jeepguy Elite Member

What are you trying to control? Depending on what you are trying to do there are a lot of other options. Just try to put up what your main objective is and it will make answer easier. If it is solely a thermostat there are much cheaper ways.

3. hangtown530

hangtown530 Elite Member

I wanted everything to be controlled by one unit or as close to it as possible.

Meaning temp, humidity, lighting...

So say I wanted to hook up a mister, my lighting system as in heat projector, megaray, 5000k tubes, a halogen, maybe even fans on a thermostat.

I would want to run some lights 12 to 14 hours and others only 8 hours or so. Anyways to not get to into it. What kind of habitat controller would I need for this at a decent price?

4. jeepguy

jeepguy Elite Member

If you are looking for one unit do all that for multiple cages. You are going to drop some coin.

5. hangtown530

hangtown530 Elite Member

just one habitat not multiple......I just want something set up to power up and off at the same time each day that I don't have to mess with all the time

6. kronik070

kronik070 Elite Member

well zoomed makes the hydrotherm which will control humidity and heating but wont control fans or anything like that

7. hangtown530

hangtown530 Elite Member

there are just so many different ones out there I'm having an issue figuring this out....

ZooMed
    Helix
    Big Apple (HERP POWER)
    ETC.

I just want the best without having to spend $500 right this second...maybe later but not right now.

8. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

You can get a herpstat for temperatures and multiple light timers to run most everything else.

9. hangtown530

hangtown530 Elite Member

thanks for the help