This Disappears When Logged In

Guatemalan Spiny Tailed Iguana

Discussion in 'Ctenosaura - Spiny Tail Iguana' started by Madisonwallace, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Madisonwallace

Madisonwallace New Member

Okie dokie. So I'm not too sure where to post this because I suppose technically this animal is an iguana. It isn't a normal one lol. Most people haven't heard of these guys. I mean I never did until I saw mine online up for sale. So I got this guy a day ago and he seems pretty okay. Basking. Moving from hot to cool side to regulate temperature. Kind of eating. Not as much as I thought. But new environment so in going to wait a while longer and hope he's just not interested because he's not liking the change. But what I am concerned of is the way his body is lol. So he apparently likes to rest his body vertically against the glass and just chill there.
    But his lower back dips in and it looks right weird. What I'm wondering is if it's completely normal. Or if there is something totally wrong with him. The person I got it from didn't have him for too long. And I'm trying to figure out which spiny tailed iguana he is. And I've come to a conclusion that I think he's a Guatemalan one. But I'm hoping someone can help me out with this. Thanks so much!

2. aromatherapykim

aromatherapykim Elite Member

A picture of the issue and details of your setup and care would be very helpful

3. Madisonwallace

Madisonwallace New Member

I just got him two days ago. He's in a 40 gallon basking spot stayed between 92 and 97 and cool side is in 70-80's and I can't upload pics. The way I'm trying to do it is either wrong or it isn't working for me.