This Disappears When Logged In

GTP post shed (Aeryn)

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by BlackJack, Aug 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Here is our little one: "Aeryn". She shed last night in one perfect piece and by comparing the length of the 2 sheds, she seems to have grown 5cm in the last month. :D
    [​IMG]
    She's a good eater and a feisty little one. I say "she" but we don't really know: she's still way too young and small to probe, but we'll find out for sure what she is when she's closer to breeding age.

I have to say that I've really fallen in love with this type of snake: They are SOOOOOO cool: it's exciting when they're babies because you never really know for sure how they will look with their adult colors... more green, more yellow, more blue?
    It'll be interesting to see what she looks like when she grows up!!
    Also they hang on their branches all day, sometimes behind or under leaves, but you can always see them when you look into the terrarium, day and night. (Monty and Talyn disappear completely under their hides until late in the evening... and I'd probably never see much of them if I didn't take them out.)
    Hope you like her picture! :)

2. esbat

esbat Reptile Rescue Premium Member

She's beautiful, you always take such good pictures :)

3. Ryan

Ryan Elite Member

its beautiful!
    nice pic!

4. venus

venus Founding Member

B-E-A-Utiful!!!! Getting prettier and prettier Andrea.

5. BlackJack

Thanks, but most of the time it's my husband, Martin aka "ChondroDoc" who takes the pics: he has a great Sony Cybershot camera and well, Aeryn deserves some credit for being gorgeous.
    We took her out to weigh her before her post-shed dinner and here are the pics from just one hour ago:
    (moving from the snake-hook to my hand; fortunately she didn't bite it this time!):
    [​IMG][/IMG]

And after the initial excitement passed, she curled up on the hook and just "hung out"
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Thanks for lookin' :D

6. Denma

Denma Active Member

Wow thats so cool looking i like the ones with more green but she is really beautiful!

7. BlackJack

Hi Denma;
    She'll turn green when she's older: Basically I think all the yellow will turn deep green and the red areas will turn sort of a cerulean or turquoise blue.
    Right now she's only 4 months old, so it could take another year until she's fully color-changed.

8. Amber

Amber Elite Member

Wow, she looks so awesome, I love that yellow!

9. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

beautiful pics. i love the way they hang out like that. definitely will be looking forward to pics when she grows up and starts the color change. :D that will be neat to see the transition from her baby colors to the adult colors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.