This Disappears When Logged In

GTP Pics (for Caleb)!

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by BlackJack, Jun 12, 2012.

1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Here is Ronon: (Caleb's favorite)
    402998536.jpg

And a full body shot:
    402998538.jpg

Here are the two we are still hoping to sell:
    Bashir (Yes, she needs a bigger perch and a bigger enclosure too! She is almost twice as big as the others)
    402998535.jpg

Here is Ziyal: She's a big foggy-looking because she's in shed. Her markings are turning a bit more blue, but like Bashir's they are still quite purple:
    402998542.jpg

Here is Teyla: That bump under her nose is not from food, it is AIR -- she was hissing at me the whole time I was trying to take her picture. Too bad I didn't record the sound: it was LOUD!! She was not happy to be woken up for a photo!

402998539.jpg

And last but not least: Gollum!! (Such a sweetie!!)
    He's in shed too, so the photos are a bit foggy, and his head/snout is swollen. I'll take post shed pics after.
    402998540.jpg

402998541.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Attached Files:

2. Beardiebro

Beardiebro Active Member

Nice pics. Kernel will love them.

3. justor

justor Elite Member

Great pics as always. :)

4. BlackJack

Hi Everyone
    I haven't posted in a while -- and I thought I'd just bump this thread up -- the babies all look the same, fat and happy. They are doing great.
    I might not be posting too often because I'm buying a PUPPY!! (not snake-food: PET!) I need a dog to do the Dog Trainer Certification course, so after 18 years of "no ways", my husband finally said "OK if it's a small dog".
    YYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!
    I'm getting a little Coton de Tuléar at the end of August (She is now 3 weeks old -- she'll be 8.5 weeks when I get her). Her official paper name is "Savannah Sky" (But we will probably call her Zoë around the house.)
    SOOOO much to do and prepare!!

But I'll keep you posted on the snakes every now and then too. (Just that I am in FULL MOMMY-MODE now and it's only going to get worse in August and the first few months afterwards...)
    :)

5. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

The babies are looking so beautiful! As always they amaze me.

Congrats on getting a dog. Can't wait to see pictures of her. :D

6. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Aw, puppies are the best! Congrats :D
    Nice name :p

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I had never heard of that breed so I had to look it up. They are cute but it looks like a heck of a lot of work taking care of all that hair!

8. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Babies are looking great!
    Gollum had to be different in his pretzel pose :)
    A puppy, how wonderful! Looking forward to puppy photos too

9. BlackJack

Here is Savannah's Mom:
    McMell's Helena:
    403422327.jpg

And this is her Daddy:
    Ultimo du Domaine de la Rouvière (my sister in law says he should have been called Ultimo Einstein!)
    403422331.jpg

Yes, Merlin: the coat, if one keeps it long, (required for showing) is A LOT of work. But they don't shed and they are great for allergy-sufferers. They are not "deco-sofa dogs" either! They are considered to be "gun dogs" and can run behind a horse for miles. Great for Agility activities.

Here is McMell's Savannah Sky (aka Zoë) just last weekend.
    403422333.jpg

(She'll start to get fluffier as she gets older and then her long hair will start coming in over that when she grows up.)

Oooops I don't think I was supposed to post dog photos here, but really there's a herp in each of these photos too. They are just VERY well camouflaged! ;)

Glad you like her name Savannah!!!

Attached Files:

10. mld

What a little cutie pie, mom and day are beautiful!
    Why is she darker in spots? Is this normal for a puppy?

11. BlackJack

Some puppies are all white: others have a range of spots or markings. I personally like ones with more markings -- Savannah Sky had more markings than any of her siblings.
    If I let her hair grow out like her dad's, most of it will get covered by the adult long white hair... but you can see Mom Helena still has a brown ear. I can decide to keep her in a more of a "puppy cut" but as long as I can manage to comb out the knots/matting, I think I'll see how she looks with long hair first...
    This is a Canadian breeder and this page shows all kinds of color mixes (and how fluffy the puppies get!!)
    WARNING: you WILL definitely say: "AAwwwwwwwwww HOW Swweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet" when you look at this link!!!
    Cotonnerie - Album Photo

12. mld

Thanks for the warning, I did say "AAwwwwwwwwww HOW Swweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet"
    They look like little toys :x

13. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Andrea just because its you I will let it slide this time!;)
    Of course the puppy being so darned cute didn't hurt either!:D

14. BlackJack

Thanks Merlin!! ;)

15. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

She is adorable! I love the ones with more markings than the ones with plain white coats. And stick with Zoe, Savannah is way to common of a name in my life. :p lol

16. rlb706

rlb706 Member

Gorgeous snakes!

17. BlackJack

Thanks rlb706!!
    We just got positive confirmation that both Ziyal (Baby 6) and Ronon (Baby 7) are males!!!
    They have both now shed "sperm plugs" and there is no doubt whatsoever that they are boys. Interestingly though neither one has started fasting/refusing food.
    We're still guessing that Gollum is a boy (He climbs all around the terrarium at night) Teyla and Bashir are very likely females. (They practically NEVER move and never poop -- except when shedding and they eat like PIGS!). :)

18. mld

Of course Gollum is making us wait! lol

19. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Where is Caleb? He's been MIA for a while!

20. BlackJack

I don't know, last I heard his cornsnake babies were hatching...

Michele: oh yeah, Gollum won't ever take the easy way!