This Disappears When Logged In

GTP feeding pics

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by BlackJack, Jul 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Well, it was feeding night for the babies... and ChondroDoc had his camera out -- so guess what?

Here are some good shots of Crichton enjoying his first of two pinkie mice:
    He's still rather fussy and I have to make "Indians" out of them before he'll take them, but he eats! He really takes his time swallowing the first one but the second one gets gobbled up quick!

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. BlackJack

And then he uncoils and swallows the rest in mid air!
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Hope you like the pics! :D

3. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Phenominal pics, he is stunning. Add that to my wish list. lol

4. jmherp

jmherp Elite Member

Awesome pics!!! how old is the GTP?

5. jmherp

jmherp Elite Member

Jay beat me again... :(

6. venus

venus Founding Member

AWESOME!!!! Great pics as usual. He is such a beautiful babe.

7. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

AWWW,he is so very cute!! Do you handfeed (with special snake-tweezers) or do you just put the food inside the enclosure and wait til the snake gets it? I think I will start a thread about this;would be intresting to know how people on HC feed.

8. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

Awesome pics! :) Oh, this is another reptile I asked my "more pet-resistant" husband about...I showed him all your gorgeous pictures of both your GTPs...when he mentioned how beautiful they are, I asked,"So....would you like one of those ?" *sigh* Guess what answer I got.... :eek:

Guess I'm lucky he puts up with all the pets we do have though... :rolleyes:

9. BlackJack

Thanks!
    On the 24th, he'll be 11 months old. I expect he'll start to change color soon.
    Jacky: I feed with feeding tongs. Only Talyn accepts food just dropped in for her. All the other ones have special feeding rituals.
    Monty has to "ambush and attack" his F/T rat pup.
    And the two GTP babies really want to be "spoon fed".
    Although I read that GTPs (and especially babies) will strike across the terrarium as soon as the door is open, our two want it put gently right under their nose! In fact, Crichton only takes it if I push the head of the mouse gently against his mouth. Then he slowly --- (oh soooooo slowly!) opens up and gently, gently gently takes it. As soon as I let it go, he drops down and instantly coils around it like he's got to kill it.
    Aeryn (3.5 months) is VERY similar. She wants it at just a certain angle about a millimeter in front of and a little under her nose. And she slowly opens her mouth and takes it gently too.... then drops and coils and swallows.
    What spoiled, spoiled babies! :D They are sooooo wonderful!!! :)

10. SKULLMAN

SKULLMAN Elite Member

awsome pics,the more i see him the more i want one and the more the wife says no.

11. BlackJack

Aeryn's feeding pics

OK here's Aeryn eating last night.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

And a close-up shot: (You can really see how the lower jaw and mental groove get stretched even though it is a tiny newborn pinkie mouse -- 2g) She actually swallows them quite quickly. (She gets two at each feeding.)

[​IMG][/IMG]

Thanks for looking! :D
    PS -- she's so little and light-weight that she was coiled up on top of one of those leaves the other night and it didn't even bend or move!

12. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

awesome pics. very gorgeous snakes. i love the 5th pic you posted. so neat looking how he's eating in mid air. :D

13. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Beautiful! Keep teasing us with those pics, I don't mind ;)

14. Debbie

Debbie Elite Member

they are beautiful snakes. It is quite amazing how they eat in mid air.

Debbie Iggy bam-Bam and Miss Zak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.