This Disappears When Logged In

Grey Tree Frog Calling

Discussion in 'Tree Frogs' started by gplundberg, Aug 4, 2014.

1. gplundberg

gplundberg Member

Hi everyone!

I'm new to herp center and I have a problem with my frogs calling. I do not like it when I get up at 2 in the morning startled by my frogs calling. Right now they have been banished to the basement until I can figure out how to prevent calling or make it so I cannot hear their calling.

Thank you!

2. aromatherapykim

aromatherapykim Elite Member

I'm not a frog person but I assume their noises are natural and can not really be prevented. Theyre frogs, let them do their froggy thing

3. Poison

Poison Elite Member

I would suggest Re-homing them.

UJRA likes this.
  4. Yellowfang15

Yellowfang15 Well-Known Member

To be honest, if you like them, try to deal with the noise. I would not have chosen a frog as a pet if you didn't want croaking at odd hours. I have a Green Tree Frog, and he has not made a noise for 5 months now.

5. gplundberg

gplundberg Member

Thank you for the responses! I will just keep them in the basement where I cannot hear than at night. I love those frogs to death so I will not rehome them.

6. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

Has there been any temperature fluctuations? I'm not sure how well this applies to frogs but with other herps a sudden increase of temperatures can put them in breeding mode.

7. Frogsrule

Frogsrule Active Member

Humidity is the main cause in the phib world. The croaking obviously means your frog is a male. They will croak in spring, but also during rain, when they hear loud noises, other frogs calls, or sometimes just for no reason. The best thing to do is keep him in your basement which is good for both of you as i imagine your basement is not highly trafficked which reduces stress

8. Gaaaaaaaaaard

Gaaaaaaaaaard Elite Member

Not sure about everywhere else but down here in the southeast basements are 9 times out of 10 more humid as well. Probably not enough for a significant difference but still.

9. Poison

Poison Elite Member

Agreed. Though lowering the humidity may help a little, it is def not a long term solution. They will eventually dehydrate.

Grey tree frogs are nothing compared to the frog in my avatar lol. It's literally like having a dog barking at 1-3am.