This Disappears When Logged In

Greetings From The Breadbasket And Moo-state

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by wickedrabies, Jul 11, 2016.

1. wickedrabies

wickedrabies Member

Hello,
    I'm a twenty-eight year old woman living with a mini-zoo that my lovely partner has the patience of a saint to allow me to keep. Between he and myself, we keep a total of five dogs, four indoor cats, a flock of chickens, a conure, two degus, a pet rat and my prized Dumeril's Boa.
    That's, of course, not including the guinea pig, the outside cats and their friends and the countless animals that land on my door step for rehabilitation. Those are short stays and usually resolved in a week to a month -tops.
    I've usually kept ball pythons in the past. But two years ago, the petstore I frequent got this boa in. The co-owner was so excited about it, she had to show me. And a week later, I went back to buy her. She has been my baby since. She is currently in a 75gl reptile tank and I hope to upgrade her in the coming years to something more extravagant. She particularly likes to curl around my bun or pony tail when I put my hair up. She doesn't take to frozen or dead rodents, trust me I've tried. But that's alright, she's a pretty efficient killer all on her own. She's the best snake I've ever owned, she tolerates head massages, pictures, and the inexperienced touching for the first time of their fearful little moments. She is the snake I introduce to anyone that has a fear of them simply because she is so docile.
    And I hope to add another to my home. Because she is an absolute joy. c:
    Hi, I'm Mandi. :D

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello Mandi and welcome to our little section of the net!

3. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Hi and welcome to the forum.

4. Buggy0123

Buggy0123 Established Member

Welcome :)