This Disappears When Logged In

Green Tree Python in Mite Phase

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by Boprop, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Boprop

Boprop Member

I have a green tree python female shes a little over a year old and she shed lastnight and now you can clearly see she is starting the mite phase. What does that actually mean? Is she gonna keep the black or turn calico or anything? She is probably 70% yellow 30% turning green and now she has the mite phase everywhere

2. justor

justor Elite Member

Does she actually have black speckling on her? Mite phase isn't something that 'starts'. It is not a 'phase' according to the typical definiton of the word. It is a genetic trait. A chondro is either a mite phase or it is not. If she has the black speckling coming in it will most likely stay that way for good. Mite phase and calico are two completely different things.

3. Boprop

Boprop Member

I wasn't sure about calico n mite being the same or diff. But yes she actually has black little spots on her. It looks awesome lol. Shes is very very vibrant yellow n green will plain as day black specks

4. justor

justor Elite Member

Nice, definitely sounds like a mite phase. Got any pics of her?

5. Boprop

Boprop Member

Its hard to see the spots because how the light is shining on her.

Attached Files:

6. justor

justor Elite Member

Looking good :cool:

7. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

I can't tell and I'm no expert but I would say calico. Mite the scales are usually all black not just part. Gorgoues animal and I would love to see more pix! I may be wrong but need better photos. Either way chondros are awesome!!!!!!!

8. pjrojo

pjrojo Subscribed User Premium Member

Very nice! She's a looker and heartbreaker :) More pictures to come??????

9. Boprop

Boprop Member

I used flash on one of those an you can see her spots starting to ahow

Attached Files:

10. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

What a heartbreaker! Gorgeous animal.

11. pjrojo

pjrojo Subscribed User Premium Member

Very nice!!!! She a good one, I have a Aug 2011 CBB Merauke/Biak x Biak and she's showing green and white spots now

12. jamesw

jamesw Elite Member

Looks like the normal color change they go through. Does not strike me as Mite phase or Calico. Who/Where did you get her from?

13. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

I see what you're saying now. I don't know enough I guess to say but I think it needs more to be a true mite. Awesome colors coming in though, hope the black keeps coming in! Always thought they're gorgeous when it comes in and it stands out. Alot of chondros have some black scales but getting full pattterns is awesome! Good look and hope to see more updates. Where did she come from?