This Disappears When Logged In

Green Tree Python Enclosure Size

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by Dirkthejerk41, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Dirkthejerk41

Dirkthejerk41 Elite Member

Hi all, I am thinking about getting a green tree python and was wondering what the ideal enclosure size is? I saw one on craigslist that was made of pvc measuring 24w-24L-36H, which meets standards from some sites I have read up on, but others say 24x24x24 is better, and then some say more length rather than height so they can thermoregulate better. Would the 24-24-36 be good or is something else better?

2. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Ideal depends on the age, sex, and intention. I wouldn't do more then 24 high for thermo gradient. Also what equipment you're looking to use. Chondros of quality can be fairly pricy, plus evertyhing you need for the correct set up. Going to a reptile show and buying one of some dude for a couple hundred is not the best way to go about it. Invest a little more in getting them from reputable breeders. PVC is the best way to go though (too late for me :)) but starting over again go PVC all the way!

3. Dirkthejerk41

would one of those exo terra 18x18x24 be good?

4. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

depends on what you want to put in it. They work since I do use them but it takes a lot more work to set up properly as compared to a PVC cage. Males would be okay, females require more space and neonates need something smaller to start in.

5. Dirkthejerk41

you seem to really know what you are talking about, so can you tell me exactly how YOU set up neonates, adults, etc? You can pm me if it's easier.