This Disappears When Logged In

Green Tree Python Colors

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by Scales N Things, Jul 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello :) I have a Green Tree Python we think is an Aru locale.. she appears to have gone through a significant part of her color change, and is a definate rich green with white and blue, with almost no yellowing left, though the green isn't the deep green of some adults I've seen (but I havn't seen many)... The part that puzzles us, is that he tip of her tail, and some specks on her neck, are still black. Will that change with time? I'm sorry for being such a novice when it comes to the details of GTP's color change and such.. I assure you, we have read up and know how to take care of her.. (I've noticed too many times 'ignorance' of any part of a snake indicates that the person dosn't know much about it, and shouldn't have it.. heh) Anyway, she is our first GTP, and we want to know as much about her as possible :) Thanks! Pictures can be found on our website, though it is under going much construction... I'll post some pics here as well :)

Laine

Attached Files:

2. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Welcome to HC!!! I love the GTP's, but do not have any myself (yet). We do have several keepers here that can help you, one will be along shortly.

3. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Welcome to Herp Center...I too love the GTPs but do not own one as yet....enjoy yourself while you are here....Lyn

4. venus

venus Founding Member

Welcome to Herp Center, hope you enjoy here as much as we do. Beautiful GTP's..We definitely love them here.

5. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Welcome to HC!
    I've seen several adult GTPs (Aru and Sorong) which have black spotted tails. (our little Aeryn's father -- a Sorong -- has a black spotted tail.) The tail color probably won't change. Here's a link with some pics of various adult GTPs :Click on "For Sale", scroll down a bit and you can see some with their blue/black spotted tails. http://www.chondroworld.com/home.htm

Good luck with her. She's a beauty.
    (PS -- there is a Green Tree Python section of this forum, just a bit further down from the boas.)

6. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

Welcome! :) Your GTP is gorgeous!

7. Wow! People are so friendly here :) I'm sorry, I didn't see the GTP section :x! I'll go have a more in-depth look around :D Thank you!!

~Laine

8. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Hi Laine,,,,welcome to HC....great pics. Can ya tell how much we all love the GTP's ???

9. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

very gorgeous snake you have there. glad you joined us here at HC! have a great time. and we love pics so post away! :D

10. Lyn'sSteve

Lyn'sSteve Elite Member

Welcome to HC Laine!

Glad you could join us. We do not own any of those yet, but one can never tell. Nice looking GTP though!

Steven

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.