This Disappears When Logged In

Green Tree Frog Vivarium

Discussion in 'Vivariums' started by Brewster320, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

There are other things you can do that won't require more water.

I used this one in my frog setup, It only takes about an inch of water and actually sits outside the tank so you don't have to worry about it taking up space. The output can also be directed through this wand thing to make 4 or 5 light streams.
    HerpSupplies.com - Reptile Supplies, Vivarium, Reptile Accessories, Reptile Habitat, Reptile Lighting, Zoo Med, Reptile Supply, Lizard Supplies, Reptarium, Rep-Cal, Flukers, Reptile Bedding, Fresh-Air Habitat, Reptile Heat Pads
    And it comes with a hanger to hang it on the outside. HerpSupplies.com - Reptile Supplies, Vivarium, Reptile Accessories, Reptile Habitat, Reptile Lighting, Zoo Med, Reptile Supply, Lizard Supplies, Reptarium, Rep-Cal, Flukers, Reptile Bedding, Fresh-Air Habitat, Reptile Heat Pads

This one also looks like it would work
    Entry Detail

This one might work if you lay it on it's side/back
    Entry Detail

Just some ideas....

2. Brewster320

Brewster320 Elite Member

Well I went to Petsmart yesterday and I was looking at all the filters you've suggested, and they are all way too big unfortunately. So I'm thinking of a small pump just to move the water around at least? And after all the hard work trying to get that grape vine to stay where I put it in the tank, I had to take it out because I recently learned that you aren't suposed to put grape vine in humid environments because it molds, and just like it says the grape vine kept molding.

3. bsol

bsol Member

I know that you can buy plastic vine. They can get pricey but it will keep the contaminants out. And if you get some Philodendron to wrap around or grow on, it would look really natural!
    Good luck - keep the posts coming!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.