This Disappears When Logged In

green snakes

Discussion in 'Colubrids *General*' started by godzuki777, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. godzuki777

godzuki777 Elite Member

i did find one in buffulo but it is 184 days away.

2. geckoguy14

geckoguy14 Elite Member

you can get crickets mailed to your door. google it to find a source near you.

I wouldnt go with a rodent-eating species for now, toads are not a good food source as most have poison glands behind their eyes. Red wigglers are too bitter to the taste for most herps and they dont like them, and crickets from the bait shop are almost certain to be infested with parasites that could be spread to your snake.

-adam

3. godzuki777

godzuki777 Elite Member

I can get rodents so I am ganna get a corn or rat at a reptile show or a breeder. Does anyone know of any good reptile shops in rochester new york?

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

You are right. when I asked for distance from Rochester to Long Isand it comes up 93 miles (and ends around Syracuse on the Map)
    When I asked for the distance from Rochester to the exact location of the long Island show it was MUCH farther!
    Must be some sort of glitch in the system!

5. godzuki777

godzuki777 Elite Member

merlin are ball pythons very hardy? i hear they are the second best begginer snake next to the corn snake. i might bet a baby one from a local breeder that i know of.

6. Merlin

Ball pythons are great snakes! I have 2. However their feeding irregularities can drive novice keepers nuts!
    My male has been known to stop eating for several months at a time. But that is natural for them.

7. Merlin

If you do get a baby make sure it is already feeding

8. godzuki777

godzuki777 Elite Member

ok i might get a like 12-14 inch baby. there so cute.

9. godzuki777

godzuki777 Elite Member

next week im going to get it either a corn or ball probably a ball. :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.