This Disappears When Logged In

Green Iguanas in my backyard!! (Pictures)

Discussion in 'Field Herping' started by Padfoot, Nov 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan

Ryan Elite Member

i wish i had stuff like that in my yard, of course i do live in michigan (which only has 18 species of snake and 2 species of lizards, oh and quite a few turtles with all the ponds and rivers) closest thing to an iguana ive ever found in my yard was a toad!

2. crash_reborn

crash_reborn Elite Member

i live in VA
    ive found everything from toads and frogs to turtles (big ol snapper found ME one time when it bit down on..and .....snapped.....(((pun...lol))) the handle of a broom that i was dillying around with

have found garder snakes - black snakes - black racers - northern redbelly snakes - copperheads - water moccasons (sp?)

got quite a few praying mantis that love the area - those big ol green chinese moths - locusts and cycaidas, ****-of-a lady bug problem at my dads place

got skinks n other lizzards all over the place - have found a brilliantly colored salamander (was "lava red" with black spots) - have newts - crayfish (caught one in a creek near my house one time - thought it was the coolest thing ever)

have golden finches, eagles, buzzards, turkey, deer, foxes, the OCCASIONAL bear, wild cats, and other random goodies

i work downtown in richmond VA

i hail on the 10th floor with a nice window in my office

my window has a little ledge - and on that ledge - i have actually seen a peragrin falcon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.