This Disappears When Logged In

Green Iguana

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by red, Mar 20, 2011.

1. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Merlin is very right. We don't sugar coat. Sugar coating lessens the impact of the importance of proper care!

Glad you want to make the best home for your Ig. You came to the right place.

2. red

red Member

Thanks everyone! I went to the store today and got my ig some endive, escarole, mustard greens, watercress and collard greens so hopefully he will finally eat with the right greens I grabbed for him :)

3. smokeyy

smokeyy Banned User

sit back and watch him attack the new flavors or greens he will be experiencing!!!:D

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

This would be great to get on video!:D

5. TamJam

TamJam Elite Member

Hi! Glad you are trying to do your best and learn what is right for your new iggy! Some pictures would be great!

Make sure he has the correct type of UV light, which represents natural sunlight that they absolutely need for proper digestion and healthy growth.

The do not like dogs and cats so any pets like that you have should not be allowed to get near to him at all, it will stress him maybe to the point of not eating until he actually dies from the stress. I have seen this happen to someone who thought it was "cute" for her dog to sit and gaze at her iggy in his cage. Stress killed it.

Raw gratered pumpkin is a great food for them. When you mix their food, try to have three or four different items like raw pumpkin, mustard greens, a bit of mango or watercress, and mix it all up together thoroughly so he cannot "pick out" one particular item that he prefers and thus, does not get the benefit of all the items together. You can moisten the mixture with spring water, and even sprinkle a few Old Fashioned Oats on top sometimes, or some moistened alfalfa pellets (rabbit chow). This is good for them!