This Disappears When Logged In

Great Timing for Eye Infection!

Discussion in 'Kingsnakes' started by Dragoness, Feb 25, 2011.

1. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

I see that this has run the oh so typical course. Much worry for the owner, followed by a sigh of relief, and the sound of herp laughter. I am so happy this ended well!

2. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

My appointment got rescheduled for today at 2:15. Will post details after I get back.

3. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

4. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Well wishes!

5. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

Turns out it was a lot of worry over almost nothing. There is a small scratch on the spectacle that is expected to resolve completely with the next shed.. but no sign of infection, or anything. The vet suspects that the spectacle was loose enough that excess fluid built up in there, and the scratch was probably caused by the snake rubbing on stuff trying to get his skin (and bulging eye thing) off.

The only thing I might need to do is put a drop of mineral oil or vaseline on the eye next time he sheds to prevent adhesion to the spectacle underneath, but he doesn't think it will be necessary, as it does not appear that the spectacle is actually punctured.

I just need to make sure he doesn't make a problem with his next shed.

6. teach920

teach920 Subscribed User Premium Member

Very good to know that there is no sign of infection...Hopefully the scratch will heal soon on it's own, and that the next shed will go smoothly, without a recurrence of any sort.