This Disappears When Logged In

Great Stuff Stick?

Discussion in 'Cage Furniture - Accessories' started by LovetheBaruu, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

Will Great Stuff adhere to plastic, glass, etc.? I know it has been used on styrofoam...What other forms can I use?

2. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

The can says that it will stick to glass, but it easily will pull off. Same for smooth plastics - if you scuff it up or glue something on it to add texture (even some pieces of gravel) it should work pretty well.

What are you trying to do with it? The answer to that will give us a better way to narrow down what type of ideas you are looking for.

3. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

I wanted to make some assorted hides for this Golden. She currently uses the pot, turned on its side, and one of the plants. It is my understanding that they are cave dwelling in their natural habitat. I have to say, she is not doing well. I thought if she could move through her enclosure, one hiding place to another, and I put some of the food choices in the hides- she might be tempted to eat. I wanted to use multiple shapes and sizes...

4. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

You can use plastic jars and stuff to make a base for the great stuff, then pull it out of the great stuff. Once it dries its pretty solid.

5. titus

titus Elite Member Premium Member

Golden geckos normally won't use hides, But would get more use out of nooks and gaps in rock walls of caves. A simple way to make this would be to use syropor sheets broken and stacked along the back wall to make a background. You could be very creative in making this and use great stuff to make stalagmites or stalactites and form the ceiling of the cave. Seal it all up with an colored epoxy or paint it then seal it and you'll have quite a cage. To protect it from damage from feeders, I would also recommend a light coat or two of tile grout.

6. SurvivorSteph

SurvivorSteph Subscribed User Premium Member

Coat slick surfaces (glass) with a layer of silicone (GE II) then apply the Great Stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.