This Disappears When Logged In

Great News!

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by alicia123, Mar 3, 2011.

1. HERPies

HERPies Elite Member

I didn't say they were the same as wild boas. I just relayed info that was shared to me. Calm down everyone its ok.

2. Dragonflies

Dragonflies Banned User

But you relayed that information as a statement of fact.
    Call me picky if you like but we're talking about live creatures that are in our care and we have a responsibility to them. If you choose to believe what someone tells you, that's fine, but it's irresponsible to the turn round and tell someone they can do something when you don't know for sure.

3. HERPies

HERPies Elite Member

That is no different than asking someone a question on a forum. I didn't guarantee they would never have an issue. If it was taken as me saying it as a certainty, I apologize. I do choose to believe it because I trust the very reputable sources I have been told by. All told me once was fine, I just simply haven't had to do it, besides I use hot water to speed up the prices of thawing, and all told me if it was heated it wasnt a good idea. I didn't include that in any of my previous posts because this was just a story of a new snake eating and shedding. If it had been on frozen rodents I would have stated that it was what I was told, not what I have experienced.

4. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

If my snake does not eat the defrosted rat within 4 hours, I toss it. I would not keep it any longer than that.
    BTW -- As far as human food goes, I wouldn't recommend re-freezing ANY meat that has been defrosted once!!

5. HERPies

HERPies Elite Member

I wouldn't eat anything that was thawed and refrozen either...

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I personally have refrozen thawed rodents here and there for years without any issue whatsoever.
    HOWEVER.
    I do not just leave a thawed rodent out for hours. Once thawed I offer it and if it isn't taken, immediately back into the freezer it goes. If its been thawed out for several hours i would not refreeze it.

7. blueginger

blueginger Elite Member

I was once told by the meat dept. at a food store that fish is safe to thaw,refreze, then thaw later and cook for human consumption. Haven't tried it though.