This Disappears When Logged In

Great News For My Hognose

Discussion in 'Colubrids *General*' started by El SD Fan, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El SD Fan

El SD Fan Banned User

well, i have some VERY GOOD and MUCH aniticipatednews. my hognose ate a f/t pinky yesterday. after not eatin but two anoles back in december and not eating since at least september before that. i dint have to use any special tricks or anything, just thawed out the pinky when i saw the snake moving around (my cats brought this to my attn). anyways, i just stuck the pinky in there and put the viv back and looked a lil while later (fully exopecting to find a pinky) and htere was NOTHING...
    i was astonished. im so excited, i think i peed my pants a lil. lol
    just wanted to share the good news. lets hope this isnt jsut a fluke andi can stop constantly worrying about this guy now.

Dani

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Great news Dani,,,,,congrats !!!

3. Bitis Gabonica

Bitis Gabonica Elite Member

That's great news :)

We have found our hogs to be very fussy feeders at times - particularly our male. He used to skip feeds frequently, while our female was better. They have always refused to eat out of their enclosures.

We keep feeding records for all of our snakes; try doing this with yours, it will help you find a pattern so that you won't be so worried if your hog doesn't eat. Our male for example would often eat one week and then miss his meals for two weeks, this was a regular pattern. After cooling this year, the male has become a much more consistent feeder, while the female is missing meals, but this is likely to be due to the breeding season. We have placed them together, fingers crossed we soon have babies! :D

Good luck with your hog for the future, I hope s/he? continues to eat well for you, and doesn't stress you out too much :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.