This Disappears When Logged In

Great Find :)

Discussion in 'Cage Furniture - Accessories' started by mld, Apr 22, 2012.

1. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

While I was at the pet store picking up a few crickets, I browsed through the discount area and found a great aquarium stand. Its made out of wood, which is hard to find these days, most are made of melamine which I hate. When the owner looked up the code for the stand, he said it was regularly over $500. :)

I asked the owner how much and he said $80, I said, I'll take it. It's huge, 49" long and 19" wide, I think I will be changing out my bearded dragon stand for this one. It's smaller than the enclosure but with adding a larger top to the stand it should be perfect. My husband hates the one he made, I love it but he is always so critical of his work.

So I will be sanding and painting the stand to go with our beach theme in the basement. Probably go with the same color as the current one. This will hopefully make it much easier to move around since we can put wheels on it.
    Here it is;

P4220015.jpg

This is the current one;

P4040032.jpg

2. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Nice find!! I love those discount isles! If your lucky you can find a great deal!

3. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Great find! I like the doors, now you can through all sorts of stuff underneath ;) Lucky you!

4. mld

Thanks
    I love storage space, hubby is going to put a shelf inside so that will hold lots of supplies. It may be a few months before it complete, but it will be well worth the wait.

5. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

I know what you mean about storage space. Now I'm thinking of adding a couple of other cages to the stand I made (finally breaking down my better half) and to do so will require a lot of work now. Update on your when you get it done

6. shaggi181

shaggi181 Active Member

nice find i know what you mean by hard to find lol been looking for the last month and a half lol

7. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

Sweet find, Congrats....

8. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

I wish I could find items like that. The other day I saw some old jewelry display cases, in nearly perfect condition, put by the dumpsters of a closed store. By the time I decided to go back for them, someone had smashed all the glass out of them and bent the frame. I guess the key to that is, if you find a great deal, either free or cheap, snatch it up as soon as you find it.

can't wait to see the finished product!

9. pjrojo

pjrojo Subscribed User Premium Member

That was a great find!

10. HerpFanatic

HerpFanatic Elite Member

That is a nice find. I got some $25 light bulbs for $5 from a clearance sale.

11. CentriRitanni

CentriRitanni Elite Member

So true! You can always donate it if you decide you don't need it, but once it's gone it's gone, so snatch it up when you have the chance!

12. mld

Here is a little update on the piece I picked up;

Painted and put a shelf inside and some wheels on the bottom for easy moving
    P9130066.jpg
    This is the top
    P9130067.jpg

13. Genko

Genko Elite Member

That is cool! I like the old one too. I have a really awesome card table for my new baby.HaHa.
    I love finding bargains like that!

Genko