This Disappears When Logged In

got the babybrazilian Rainbow

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by Disturbedcries87, Nov 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LdyDrgn

LdyDrgn Member

BlackJack, those are the only 3 Rainbows we have. Your female is beautiful, though. Don't think I've ever seen one quite like that... impressive! I hope you find out what her locale is, get a male and breed her. :D

2. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Thanks, LdyDrgn.
    At the moment, I'm going to take Spencer's word for it: as he has 11 adult Marajos in his breeding program.

If I can find a way to get a male Marajo on a breeding loan, we might breed her in the future.
    Here in Switzerland, Rainbow Boas of any type are pretty rare, so it won't be easy. I met a guy who breeds Brazilians and Peruvians and he said the same thing about Talyn: never seen one quite like her; so he's not really interested in risking a mixed breeding. He wants to preserve pure lines. (Which I can understand -- so maybe she'll just stay one of a kind.) :)

3. chris7033

chris7033 Elite Member

stunning rainbows :) guess i'll have to post my wee fella now

4. Disturbedcries87

Disturbedcries87 Elite Member

hey andrea you have to delete some of you messages you cant recieve anymore lol but about ordering them off line i have to talk my mom into that wont be to hard.

5. BlackJack

Ooops; it's OK now... I cleaned out my PM Inbox.

Hey Chris: I, for one, would LOVE to see your rainbow boa!

6. Disturbedcries87

ok just letting you knw :) well chris what kind how old how big what color?????? lol

7. chris7033

chris7033 Elite Member

just a brb yearling:p its a dark one you'll see when i get time to upload

8. Disturbedcries87

tried to feed pandora tonight i have her in the container with a F/T rat pup and a heat pad under have of it and a cereal box she so far for the past hour or so showed no interest in the pup at all should i wait till morning?

9. Electrophile

Electrophile Elite Member

How big/old is the rat pup? It might be okay, but I'd give a 15 day old mouse pup a try a few times. I hear some species are kinda "eh, not so much" on rats, but love mice, and don't like pinkies, but love them past the fuzzy stage.

10. Disturbedcries87

umm about the size of 3 pinkie mice i got her to eat already she ate the rat pup. And shes fixing to shed which is even better. ill keep ya'll posted and if anyone has idea's on a new set up for her let me know.I currently have a medium water dish cyprus mulch 1 hide a habba tree branch. Im looking for something tropical look. thank's.

11. BlackJack

I'm glad she ate for you. Hatchling rainbows can often start right off on pinkie rats or rat pups. If she was eating 3 pinkie mice before, one rat pup a week should be fine. If she'll eat rats, I'd stick to feeding her those: it'll keep you from having to switch her over later.
    If she likes to soak in her waterbowl, you'll want one that she can get a good soak in but not have to swim in.
    Also, I would recommend two hides: one on the warmer side and one on the cooler side of the enclosure.
    See how her shed comes out: you might want to get her a moist hide (moss box).

12. Disturbedcries87

Hey. Thanks i have a moist hide in there for now till she is done shedding. after she's done shedding im going to take the habba tree out i dont think she really needs it she stay's to her self in the hide or on the ground. And put another hide in there. i doubt she climbs. she still stays to herself for the most part. cant wait till next week,hopefully a better feeding response or who knows

13. Disturbedcries87

now what else lol. her first shed in my care and. shes shedding in pieces not one piece but little one's. Can someone tell me is this ok or whats going on. everything is right in her cage the humidity, tempature, hides, water dish, everything.

14. Fran

Fran Veteran Member

If you believe that your humidity is right, which is usually the cause of a bad shed with either BRBs or CRBs, you might put in a water container large enough for them to soak.;)

15. Disturbedcries87

i did that, the humidity is 86% right now i just checked. and i have a water bowl in there for her to soak in thanks fran.

16. Amber

Amber Elite Member

How are you measuring the humidity?

17. Disturbedcries87

i have a temp and humidity gauage from rsu reptile its a digital reader one.

18. Amber

Amber Elite Member

Ah no, so not one of those round plastic things. Hows she doing, did all the shed come off?

19. Disturbedcries87

yes all of her shed came off amber. And no not the round gauges lol.

20. Amber

Amber Elite Member

Aw good. Woohoo for her!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.