This Disappears When Logged In

Got Tagged, May Be Time For A Snake Hook

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by CTU2fan, May 24, 2015.

1. CTU2fan

CTU2fan Elite Member

It was bound to happen. I was switching on my retic's light and she was awake, so I thought I'd take her out for a bit. Realized she was not only awake but also had the "hungry look" a second too late. Oops. She let go almost immediately, but I'm now on notice that cute little baby retic has grown into hungry adolescent retic, and sticking my hand in her face without warning is asking for trouble. So I'll be picking up a hook. Not that she's aggressive in any way, but the hook will be to get her attention more than anything else.

I'm just glad it happened at 5' rather than 15'.

Darkbird likes this.
  2. MorganLeFay

MorganLeFay Elite Member

Have you thought about trying hook training?

3. CTU2fan

CTU2fan Elite Member

Yes, that's why I'm planning on picking up a hook.

4. MorganLeFay

MorganLeFay Elite Member

OK, good luck then:) I'm kind of envious, I've always liked retics but they're still waaay beyond my experience level and financial/spatial capabilities;)

5. CTU2fan

CTU2fan Elite Member

Yes, even at only 6' she is definitely a lot of snake, and I swear I can see her growing by the day! She wasn't planned, my daughter and a friend found her back in January.

I did get a small snake hook and so far so good. As soon as I touch her she relaxes and I can pull her right out. But I will eventually need a bigger hook, I know they have large padded ones for moving pythons, that's what I'll go to next.