This Disappears When Logged In

Got My New Mega Ray Today, Still Says 100w on the Bulb.

Discussion in 'Habitat Lighting' started by Geo7809, May 31, 2011.

1. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

Well i got my new replacement mega rays today. From reading what was posted on their web site i though the 100w were going to be replaced with 130w bulbs. The bulbs still say 100w on them. The UVB output is good but whats with the narrow beam? Are they going to try and improve on that in the future? If anyone has any info on the matter let us know, thanks!

2. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

Well ive had the light on for about one hour and the UVB seems to be decaying pretty fast. from 80 uWcm2 to 55, this it at 16in.

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Contact them and ask.

4. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

I just hope they reply. I'll email them right now.

5. falconut

falconut Member

Geo7809 - Did you ever get an answer from them? Also, did you ask them to give you a different Wattage bulb? I'm asking them to replace my bad 100 Watt with either 130 Watt or 160 Watt. They don't list 130 Watt on the website, so a 160 Watt would be fine with me.

6. Geo7809

Geo7809 Elite Member

I posted this a while ago. My bearded dragon has passed away since then but i did get a hold of them, they sent me another 100w bulb because they werent getting 130w bulbs. Personally i dont care for the new mega rays , the UVB they project is good but the beam is so narrow even a inch or so from the center of the bulb and the UVB diminishes a lot. I tested 3 of them with my solarmeter so im not making this up. Personally i like the zoo med reptisun 10.0 tube.

7. falconut

falconut Member

I was told they couldn't do anything about it 8 months ago back when the bulb died. But I was on their site about a month ago and contacted them again and this time they sent me out a replacement. It's been about 3 weeks and it's still working, so hopefully they fixed the problem with their bulbs. Definitely diferent packaging, no Solar Raptor ****.

8. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Geo7809 those are not so good numbers. Seems like a very narrow beam for sure.