This Disappears When Logged In

Got My First Spider

Discussion in 'Arachnids General' started by agama3000, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

The other thing Prescott, how can you take something out of its habitat without having the correct setup or even food for it FIRST? You dont even know where you are going to get food from!:mad:

How can you say that you put the animal first before your own desires?

How can you even say that you care about any animals if your actions proof the opposite? :(

Moderators: Sorry, I just had to get it off my chest, feel free to delete it if you see fit.

2. ShAn3

ShAn3 Elite Member

Haha well live out here and they are quite a usual site. I got a few out in the garden but after about 3 weeks out being exposed they normally get picked by a few Birds

3. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Linky, by that line of thinking none of us would have ANY pets.

4. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

My thinking is based on today and not long ago when people were uneducated and did not know what the results of their actions would be. Today most of the pets should be coming from breeding projects and not from the wild.
    There is hardly anything left in the wild for the next generation. More than 80% of the wild life in Africa alone is gone.:(

5. agama3000

agama3000 Elite Member

I can't release it because I can't take the top off because she worries about it so I can't release it if I can convince her it is ok

6. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

That also means that you can not feed her and you can not give her water. You can call her dead.:(

7. Merlin

That was what I was just wondering about!

8. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

Especially because you said that you saw her molting - if she does not get water she will die within hours.:mad::(

9. agama3000

agama3000 Elite Member

oh I know about the water and the food,when I found food I can slip it through the top because I have a little opener at the top of the cage and the water I have to put it in there with tongs and put the water in with a serenge(not like f the spider can climb up walls it definalty can climb up tongs)so it is not as good as dead

10. Merlin

But if you cannot remove the top to release it,...
    how did you get the spider in there?

11. agama3000

agama3000 Elite Member

good question ,she let the top open when it wasn't in there to put it in ...and not to mention it is really high up in the air

12. Merlin

So the container CAN be opened and would allow the spider to be released, if it was down where YOU could reach it?

13. agama3000

agama3000 Elite Member

yes I can reach it but I can't touch it...I gave it a spider to eat about a 2 centimeters long,but it will keep playing dead,it will go to the top of the c age and it will fall and shrivel up but when the spider is gone it is like nothing ever happened

14. Dragoness

Dragoness Elite Member

superworms keep for ... forever almost. Just get yourself some of those.

15. agama3000

agama3000 Elite Member

if I can convince her to ship them to...

16. agama3000

agama3000 Elite Member

so I just feed him a cricket and misted the spider and my duties are done ,well besides my cat she got to the top where the spider is...but besides her my spider is doing great...he is much faster than I expected and I just recorded something so I should have some videos and some pics soon...just thought i would say something

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.