This Disappears When Logged In

Goodbye My Crazy Fishies :(

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by gazjd, Jul 21, 2011.

1. gazjd

gazjd Elite Member

well i got up this morning to find all 3 of my fish swimming about on their side and within the hour they had all swam over their bubble bridge for the last time :( no idea what happened to them as nothing had changed in the tank food etc... Myself and the missus carried out the traditional flushing, we did want to bury them in the garden but the dog would have had them within minutes.

RIP-spot, blue and fishfinger :(

2. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Sorry for your loss!:(

3. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Sorry to hear this! Have you checked your water chemistry?

4. gazjd

gazjd Elite Member

all was fine when checked 2weeks ago ish so really know idea what the cause was, they all seemed healthy yesterday so its a mystery to me ???

Thanks guys

5. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Very sorry to hear of your loss. :(

6. Swimmer522

Swimmer522 Elite Member

I'm sorry for your loss. What kind of fish were they and how old were they?

7. gazjd

gazjd Elite Member

they were all "fancy" goldfish around 12months old (so fairly young?) they had all doubled in size since we first got them, im guessing one of them got ill and past it on to the others before i even had chance to notice anything was wrong, they were considered to be my partners fish really as shes still to scared of our leo marly to go near him and oscar the staffordshire bull terrier never leaves my side so its hit her quite hard considering.

thanks guys

8. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

Sorry to hear of your loss, The exact same thing happened to my female betta aquarium, a while back ago.

9. Midori

Midori Elite Member

Very sorry for a lose maybe try a betta fish in a gallon bowl? They're very hardy. Fish tanks are a ***** to keep running one speck of something you don't want in there and it can crash and make the fish stick.