This Disappears When Logged In

Goodbye Little Bunny..

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by purplemuffin, Sep 1, 2011.

1. purplemuffin

purplemuffin Elite Member

:( our pet rabbit died the other day. He was one of my aunt's older breeders, but it was still really sad to have him pass away. He had started looking older, but honestly didn't seem like he was sick or dying--We didn't notice any change in his behavior until the night he died. It was sudden, but the whole night was terrible. We tried our best to make him well, but he was too far gone. He just got weak and limp. I kept him in my room that night to keep an eye on him, but when I woke up that morning he was already gone.

I never expected I'd become so attached to a rabbit, I never really liked them. But he sure was something awesome.

Mom used him in a few Easter photoshoots, so I have some pictures of him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. David McConley

David McConley Elite Member

Awww, I am so sorry to hear that Kat! At least he had a great life (looked very comfortable with family members), and I am sure he had a dignified passing. The thoughts and prayers of the McConley family and zoo are headed your way.

3. Flint

Flint Elite Member

I'm sorry Kat.. :(

Even if we don't think we like a certain animal, pets that stick with us long enough all have a way of tugging our heartstrings lol. I totally understand how you feel.

Awesome photos too! I'm sure he had a great life :)

4. purplemuffin

Thanks guys. We tried to give him as good a home as possible and he always was a good little bunny. Our first time having a tame rabbit actually, we had always ended up taking care of our friends rabbits who were neglected and very wild. So it was weird to be able to pet a rabbit and not get bitten!

I think most of his life was good. The last night he had was terrible though. We tried to ease him and get him as comfortable as possible, but he just seemed so miserable. I can't help but feel like there was something I could have done to help, but with the short amount of time we had before everything went downhill, we were still struggling to figure out what was happening by the time it was over. :/

5. SomethingClever

SomethingClever Elite Member

That is such a pretty rabbit, i am sorry for your loss.

6. Midori

Midori Elite Member

I'm so sorry for you loose.

7. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Sorry for your loss! He looks like he was a sweet bunny. Sounds like he had an amazing life.

8. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

Sorry for your loss. :(

9. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Sorry to hear about your bunny :(
    What a handsome little guy for sure, looks like alot of families were able to meet him and will have great memories through your mothers photos.

Sounds like he went too fast to be able to do anything, sending prayers your way!

10. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

Sorry to hear about his passing. :( He was cute.

11. backwoodsgecko

backwoodsgecko Elite Member

I'm sorry for your loss.

12. Iggysmommie

Iggysmommie Elite Member

Kat, I am sorry for your loss. He seems to have had a very happy life with your family and I to know how quickly a rabbit can go from being just fine to gone in a very short time. I know you will miss him but at least you have your memories.

13. purplemuffin

thanks everybody. <3

Still sad seeing our rabbit hutch and not bringing treats to go give to the bunny! :(

14. sweety314

sweety314 Member

What darling pictures!!! And he definitely was a pretty guy.

Sorry to hear that his passing was so uncomfortable! But know he's out of pain and in a better place.

Heartfelt sympathies go out to you and your family after such a loss!

R.