This Disappears When Logged In

Good Website to Find A BRB?

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by HugoStiglitz, Mar 12, 2013.

1. HugoStiglitz

HugoStiglitz Member

Whats up everybody. thinking of possibly expanding my collection and getting a Brazilian Rainbow Boa. Anyone know a good website to get one from? My local exotic petstore does not carry them.

2. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

These are not the easiest of snakes to care for..... but if you want to get one, i would go to an reptile expo... but make sure to talk to keepers of these first, learn stuff you will need to know, i have heard of these dying for almost no reason. Like i once heard of a snake dying within two days because of soggy substrate. Not sure how true it was, but i'd still make sure to do a lot of research before hand....

3. HugoStiglitz

HugoStiglitz Member

Cool thanks, they have the New England Reptile Expo that would be closest to me but that is still quite a ways away in Manchester, NH I think. I have wanted one for years so believe me when I say I know how much care is involved in keeping them. I am building my enclosure first before I buy one so that I am sure it will be kept in a tank that can provide proper long-term heat and humidity.

4. uncertainsky

uncertainsky Elite Member

Wow they have these at my local Petco stores. But I have heard a lot of good about bhbreptiles.com they also do a weekly show on YouTube called snakebytestv.

5. Gravelanche

Gravelanche Member

i just got one on sunday and it's in great shape, isnt too hard to care for just keep the humidity up high without being damp. sadly BHB was out last time i checked but at $100 you cant beat their prices

6. uncertainsky

Right now bhb has a few CRBs for $40. Don't know if that's something else you may like but figure id share it

7. HugoStiglitz

HugoStiglitz Member

are they any different in temperment or care requirements? $40 sounds like a steal to me thats cheaper than the BPs at my local petco.

8. uncertainsky

I'm not sure about the care differences if there is any, someone else would have to help you out with that. But here's the web page for it

Columbian Rainbow Boa – BHB Reptiles

Also I'm sure you know there's a shipping charge, not sure how much probably the standard $30-$35 so yeah just wanted to make sure that got in there too lol