This Disappears When Logged In

Good Sized Tank For A Hatchling?

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by PsykotikLovbyrd, Oct 14, 2015.

1. So I have a cornsnake that was born August 12. She is TINY! Right now she is less than a foot and still skinny. I am converting all my animals to ceramic heat emitters because I just like them a lot better than under tank heaters. Right now though she is in a plastic sweater box which obviously shouldn't have a ceramic heat emitter on it. So I want to put her in a fish tank. Thing is I have a feeling a ten gallon would be too much, but was thinking a five might be perfect. I have all my CHE on dimmers so I can adjust the heat put off. Is a five gallon big enough? Is a ten too big?

2. toddnbecka

toddnbecka Well Established Member

A 10 gallon tank would be fine as long as there's cover available. My new baby carpet python was housed in a 10 gallon at first because it was the only size I had empty on hand. A few weeks later I had a 40 breeder cleaned out and moved my larger (3') carpet python into that, and moved the new one into the 29 that I started the first carpet python in. The new one seems to like the larger tank better.

3. OK just wanted to make sure it wasn't too big. I made her several hides out of black poster board and she loves them!