This Disappears When Logged In

Good Size Terrariums?

Discussion in 'Help *General*' started by Abyss, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Abyss

Abyss New Member

Hi, my name is abyss. I have 1 bearded dragon that's an adult. I've had him for 4 years. The trouble I have encountered is that all of the tanks in the local pet stores seem the same length as the 75 and just get higher. We need a new tank for him and there's not a wide enough tank for him. If you have any stores or suggestions besides me ordering a custom tank, please tell me. Thank you.

2. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

You can make your own out of plywood and plexiglass. It'll help hold heat also. It's also a whole lot better for the animal than a fish tank.

3. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

I have to agree, although tanks can be modified to make good cages, your a lot better off to leave the petstore and head for the local home improvement store. If for some reason building a cage yourself just isn't an option, I believe animal plastics make a nice sized cage that would work.

4. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

Fish tanks doesn't really come in wider sizes. They only get taller with the more gallons you have. For supplies depending on what type of plywood you use and the thickness of plexiglass could go for pretty cheap.

5. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Well there are some fishtanks that are wide enough...Like a 250 or 500 gal fish tank. However they may ber ridicoulously priced unless your lucky enough to find one for really cheap on craigslist.