This Disappears When Logged In

Good Humidifier That Repti-fogger Hose Will Hook Up To?

Discussion in 'Emerald Tree Boa/Arboreal Boas' started by atone2308, Mar 30, 2013.

1. atone2308

atone2308 Well-Known Member

i am useing the repti fogger and im tired of the 1 liter bottle needing refilled every 5hours or so, can any1 post me a link to a good 1 that the water will last at least 8 hours while im at work! maybe a 1gall. one or something...... also that the repti hose will work on or it minor fab work to make it fit.......post link if u can so i may buy it, i just left wal-mart, target, lowes, k-mart NOTHING but big open tops:( plz help

2. Tired

Tired Elite Member

3. Nickysixx

Nickysixx Elite Member

I uses a reptifogger and it works great, I use it on a little higher than low and it runs out about every 12 hours. I just change his water dish when I need to refile it so its not to much of a task. You can use a humidifier from like target. You can also try increasing the bottle size by rigging something up. Ie: cut the bottom of the bottle and add another one on and use silicone sealer and create a bracket to help hold it up. Just an idea :)

4. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Check out pro products for their system. Personally I still think unless you have a ton the best way is to do it by hand. There is also mist king which I know a lot of guys use. UTH is the best thing I've come across. PM Greg from MVF, dude is awesome and trully one of the best in the business. He's more then willing to help people. Got on his list for a future pairing, check him out man

5. atone2308

thanks joey!

thanks tired what is the normal humid u have to upkeep? mine is a low of 80% high 85-90% but most keep it on around 85% daytime drop it to 81% nighttime..

6. Tired

Tired Elite Member

%70 for both my gecko tanks. But I only put on the humidifier for 20min in the morning and 20min at night. My bedding for the R. Ciliatus is a moss mix and my G. Luii has eco earth/coco fiber. They hold humidity well. :) Not sure the requirements of an ETB.
    Also random funny thing, my friend across the street seriously just got an ETB like 5 minutes ago.

7. atone2308

I've got 2 fogger 1 ive never opened yet(if was for if the main one died spare me enough time to get to buy another) but i've seen pics and people have the humid. machine and looks like it kicks stronger and holds more water and its allready starting to sound funny(only had it month and a half or so) trying to get away from the fogger.. but will keep the idea open:) thanks!

8. atone2308

there great! full grown? CB, or WC? ikt was my dream snake and she is a happy snake im just tried of worring all day while at work if the water is gone yet,. suck cuz i have it on 85% hooked up to the zoo-med that controls the lights and the fogger and when it reaches what i set it to, will cut off and when its drops will cut on, so it does the work but i have to refill every 4-5hours, at first would last me 8hours now im seeing that number cut in half so im sure its going bad also,lol

9. atone2308

also got the email about the lighting from them, got to call them from 9-5pm m-f so ill be calling them monday on the heat panels

10. JoeyG

honestly it's not the humidifier but the enclosure. Mine will hold high humidity for a couple of days without any spraying. You need to cover the screen tops

11. atone2308

also JoeyG while i got ya here i must ask. I know NEVER FEED IN THE SAME TANK THEY R HOUSED IN! BUT........ with the ETB i do, she is still young is that what u do? i mean im afraid that if im to take her out and try and feed elsewere she will refuse as u and i know they get stressed easy, just want to know how you do it? i can stick my hand in there knock on wood she has never strike at me or even looked like she was going to.. just wondering

12. atone2308

yea,im going to cover the top tomorrow while im here all day to keep an eye out and see what happens

13. Tired

Tired Elite Member

Its a CB male, super cage aggressive. He bought it on craigslist for a super low price so Im guessing the snake had a terrible owner. He practically bought a rescue ETB.

14. JoeyG

I feed ALL my snakes in the enclosure. Feeding outside for a ETB will only result in feeding issues. These guys are very sinsitive and it's not worth it. That BS about feeding in another tank is just ignorance. Keep the humidity high while it's young. I'll send a PM about how I keep the humidity high