This Disappears When Logged In

Good-bye My Little Abby Cat

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by schlegelbagel, Feb 22, 2011.

1. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Today was really hard. I woke up and my 11 year old tabby cat was having a very hard time breathing. It was getting worse and worse by the minute. We rushed her to the vet at 8:00. They did Xrays. She had fluid in her lungs and all around her heart, and her heart was very large. She had a heat murmur from the time we got her from the shelter. I knew her life would end short, for that little heart was always working overtime. I just didn't know when. I also knew it was going to be sudden. Just yesterday she was chasing Weasley around the house and wrapping around my feet at the computer.

We put her down by 8:45. God I miss her. This house is so empty.

prettyAbby2.jpg

Attached Files:

2. vega74

vega74 Elite Member

Sorry for your loss. Last year I had to have my cat put down she was 18

3. Dragonflies

Dragonflies Banned User

So sorry for your loss, we have lost several cats over the years, it is never easy.

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Oh Liz. I am so sorry!
    But at least you gave her a good life.

5. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

I am so sorry! I know how you love your cats. It's so hard when you lose a pet, take care. *hugs*

6. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

I am sorrry, I know how much effort you put into her health. You know you gave her a really good, loving home and better care than most would have.

7. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm so sorry your little Abby cat passed away, it's very hard to loose a pet! She was a very beautiful little girl!

8. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

She was such a little scaredy cat, and minus the murmur, not a single health problem. Healthy as an ox for almost 11 years. We got her at 4 months from a shelter. She was so tiny. I never really got to hold her, she would barely let you touch her. But she was always around, watching. Swishing around legs or walking behind you on the couch. I keep looking at her sleeping places. :( My other cats haven't figured out she's gone yet. They are all napping like the lazy bums they are. Dinner time isn't going to be fun tonight. one less plate.

9. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

Sorry to hear about your loss. She was very pretty and had the best family she could have.

10. bucher70

bucher70 Elite Member

Its terrible to lose a kitty like that, I am very sorry.

I just realized the other day that all my cats are around the same age, so its gonna be a huge mess when they get older!

11. blueginger

blueginger Elite Member

Liz, sorry for your loss. We had a loss to FIP some years ago. It was really rough. Miracle had been a gift for our son.

12. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

I'm sorry to hear it Liz.

So sad to lose a beloved pet.

13. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

Liz, I am so sorry for your loss. I know it is tough, and I am sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.